GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The state of video-gaming publications"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/07/00 at 12:07
Regular
Is it me, or is that hard to find a decent UK video-gaming magazine nowadays?

All we have at the moment are publications that are either, A) trying to be funny B) trying to be too serious or C) reads like an issue of Rosie and Jim.

Advertising space seems to be on the increase, taking up almost the back section of the magazines. What is it? A copy of PC Pro?

The short lived Total Gaming was a fine publication that provided for great reading, but was sadly discontinued when the publisher, Rapide, went bust! This magazine contained unbiased views, good all-round coverage and spot-on reviews.

Opinions?

B/leeders
Kill Piracy!
Fri 07/07/00 at 21:46
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I personally believe that the most informative unbiased magazine is EDGE. Now you're probably wondering why I like this so called Sony biased magazine. Well, in the last few months they have shown that they are a true gamers magazine. They have given PS2 games awful scores- 7/10 for TTT, 5/10 for RR5 and 4/10 for Driving Type Emotion S. They've also given lots of Dreamcast coverage- interviews with the likes of Yu Suzuki and Yuji Naka, and massive articles on Jet Set Radio. Also, they're having a huge feature on the DC in this coming issue.

This current issue is wicked actually. They interviewed a guy from Sony, and basically asked him why all the PS2 games are naff, and when they would get better!

So, if you want a good hardcore publication get EDGE- it has proven to be vey unbiased and now concentrates on only games! Anyone else want to put their suggestions for good mags?

-Rav
Fri 07/07/00 at 13:13
Regular
Pc gamer is quite good on the PC but is a bit expensive compared to other magazines.
The best N64 magazine by miles is "N64 magaazine" it is not an official mag and is not biased towards Nintendo and is honest most of the time and nearly always gets its facts right.
Fri 07/07/00 at 12:07
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Is it me, or is that hard to find a decent UK video-gaming magazine nowadays?

All we have at the moment are publications that are either, A) trying to be funny B) trying to be too serious or C) reads like an issue of Rosie and Jim.

Advertising space seems to be on the increase, taking up almost the back section of the magazines. What is it? A copy of PC Pro?

The short lived Total Gaming was a fine publication that provided for great reading, but was sadly discontinued when the publisher, Rapide, went bust! This magazine contained unbiased views, good all-round coverage and spot-on reviews.

Opinions?

B/leeders
Kill Piracy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.