GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would your VR look like and what games would you like?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/04/01 at 15:53
Regular
If virtual Reality arrived on the console market. I would definatley like to see a Matrix game, a Conkers Bad Fur day and especially a Zelda game, and my idea of a Virtual reality Console would be:

You would put on, a rumble vest like for the PSone that rumbled if you were shot or hit and it would make your body feel as if it were in the game. Like it would actually make you feel like you were running. In the back of this vest would be a vertical CD Drive.

You would also wear a head set which had headphones, a visor, and a load of wires in the back to make the whole thing work, and where you charged it.

Connected from the headset through the vest would be two stick like controllers with about 5 buttons on each to perform moves like swing your sword, back flip etc.

On your feet would be little clip on sensor type things which told the console which direction you were walking in and how fast you are going. You would walk on the spot, on a mat type kinda thing like a dance mat for the PSone.

For a console like that where you yourself actually moving and seeing the whole scene not just on your T.V a game like The Matrix or being able too interact on Zelda would be great.
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:49
there is more of them
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:48
The men in white are dead!!!
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:34
the men in white are busy today!!!
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The X-files done this thing about VR, this cyberchick always came out of nowhere and killed everybody in the game. I have fear that it would happin in real life, the X-files never lies! Its all true i tell you!!!
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:31
Regular
A bond game
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For me I'd like my VR to be fully immersive and yet not overly tiring, so it would have to be purely headset based. Something like being in the cockpit of a flight simulator, but with drop down view screens in front of your eyes from a head mounted projector.

With VR, being able to interract with objects and move around in a fully 3D environment is the key, so something like a kind of exploration game to begin with in the early days of VR, then you can add AI bots later on as the technology improves in later years.

Something like Unreal Tournament and Laser Quest combined, but I'd eventually like to see fully immersive 3D environments with the console graphics that we have now rather than just wire frame green line objects against a black background, which is what VR can currently offer.
Sun 08/04/01 at 15:53
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
If virtual Reality arrived on the console market. I would definatley like to see a Matrix game, a Conkers Bad Fur day and especially a Zelda game, and my idea of a Virtual reality Console would be:

You would put on, a rumble vest like for the PSone that rumbled if you were shot or hit and it would make your body feel as if it were in the game. Like it would actually make you feel like you were running. In the back of this vest would be a vertical CD Drive.

You would also wear a head set which had headphones, a visor, and a load of wires in the back to make the whole thing work, and where you charged it.

Connected from the headset through the vest would be two stick like controllers with about 5 buttons on each to perform moves like swing your sword, back flip etc.

On your feet would be little clip on sensor type things which told the console which direction you were walking in and how fast you are going. You would walk on the spot, on a mat type kinda thing like a dance mat for the PSone.

For a console like that where you yourself actually moving and seeing the whole scene not just on your T.V a game like The Matrix or being able too interact on Zelda would be great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.