GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"forms"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/03/04 at 20:19
Regular
"always swirling"
i have been learning web design from online tutorials for about 3 weeks now (in my spare time) and know stuff like html, CSS, javascript.

i am trying to create a form where you type your name in one bit, your email adress in another and a main section for typing in comments, then with a submit and clear button at the bottom.

i tried looking on the web and was confronted by lots of different things like php, asp, cgi, perl... (and so on)

none of them i knew anything about.

could someone tell me a little bit about these, their uses and a good tutorial for learning them online... and if posible the coding for my wanted form :)

thanks a bunch
TT
Sun 21/03/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You can just use Javascript to mail the form.

action="mailto:[email protected]"

Any server side stuff requires a server with it installed though which you don't find much of for free nowadays.
Sun 21/03/04 at 13:36
Regular
"always swirling"
i want it to be sent to my email account
Sun 21/03/04 at 01:27
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Thats a big question ...

What do you want to do with the information thats entered in the form?
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:19
Regular
"always swirling"
i have been learning web design from online tutorials for about 3 weeks now (in my spare time) and know stuff like html, CSS, javascript.

i am trying to create a form where you type your name in one bit, your email adress in another and a main section for typing in comments, then with a submit and clear button at the bottom.

i tried looking on the web and was confronted by lots of different things like php, asp, cgi, perl... (and so on)

none of them i knew anything about.

could someone tell me a little bit about these, their uses and a good tutorial for learning them online... and if posible the coding for my wanted form :)

thanks a bunch
TT

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.