GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Game-A-Day Winning Tips"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/07/00 at 14:23
Regular
1. Try to be original - don't churn out the same Perfect Dark, Ecco, and Metal Gear Rubbish, people will never read all the top games reviews and thoughts posted by people try to stand out!, but don't let this put you off, it's just that if you do do a Perfect Dark review then it has got to be better than all the other topics even though it is not original and a lot of what you say wil have been heard before...and that my friends could be tricky.

2. Make a Brief - If you can impact readers with a paragraph or two or a shortened version of what you are trying to say readers will not get bored and the quality of your writing will go up and up in the eyes of fellow posters, plus if there are lots of a certain topic they could remember you as the quality writer and your topic will be read and so on...

3. Don't Slant Others - Many different people have a load of different views on Games, Formats and Consoles, let them have them if you disagree use a little tact in explaining why and leave the F'n and B'n in your head.

4. Make sense! - Silly I know but i have read loads of reviews that would have been winners but have lost readers through losing the plot or subject of the discussion, stick to the subject and readers will understand better what you are trying to say.

5. Lose the Profanity (Swearing) - How many of you wish you were in the position of one of the Nintendo Official Magazine (NOM) workers...getting to write rewiews and play games all day...wouldn't it be great,...but let me tell you, they don't get there by swearing and being funny or bias, they do it by the way they write to get points and features across to the readers...swearing in your Topic helps you no more and only drags it on for longer.

Stick to these tips, and the overall quality of your pieces could very well increase your chances of winning the game you just ain't got the money to buy.

The Game [email protected]

Friday 7th July 2000

Any other ideas...Post a reply!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 07/07/00 at 14:23
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
1. Try to be original - don't churn out the same Perfect Dark, Ecco, and Metal Gear Rubbish, people will never read all the top games reviews and thoughts posted by people try to stand out!, but don't let this put you off, it's just that if you do do a Perfect Dark review then it has got to be better than all the other topics even though it is not original and a lot of what you say wil have been heard before...and that my friends could be tricky.

2. Make a Brief - If you can impact readers with a paragraph or two or a shortened version of what you are trying to say readers will not get bored and the quality of your writing will go up and up in the eyes of fellow posters, plus if there are lots of a certain topic they could remember you as the quality writer and your topic will be read and so on...

3. Don't Slant Others - Many different people have a load of different views on Games, Formats and Consoles, let them have them if you disagree use a little tact in explaining why and leave the F'n and B'n in your head.

4. Make sense! - Silly I know but i have read loads of reviews that would have been winners but have lost readers through losing the plot or subject of the discussion, stick to the subject and readers will understand better what you are trying to say.

5. Lose the Profanity (Swearing) - How many of you wish you were in the position of one of the Nintendo Official Magazine (NOM) workers...getting to write rewiews and play games all day...wouldn't it be great,...but let me tell you, they don't get there by swearing and being funny or bias, they do it by the way they write to get points and features across to the readers...swearing in your Topic helps you no more and only drags it on for longer.

Stick to these tips, and the overall quality of your pieces could very well increase your chances of winning the game you just ain't got the money to buy.

The Game [email protected]

Friday 7th July 2000

Any other ideas...Post a reply!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.