GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Idea- Make Gaming a Sport!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/04/01 at 11:42
Regular
Okay this isn't really a game idea, just a Gaming Idea!

I think that everything to do with gaming should be advertised more than what it is now days. There was one stage where gaming was thought “not cool” by people, but I think it has come more, and more liked over the years. We do have adverts for games and consoles sometimes, but I just don’t think that it’s enough. There will be some people who are just casual gamers and who don’t read reviews for games etc., so if they see a telly advert for a game that has rolling footage I think it could help persuade the person to buy the game. As for us hard core gamers, I think it will do us good to see a game that we know good, being shown to the world (well, the UK then).

I still think that gaming could be so much more popular with a few more adverts etc., and the thing that I would love to happen is to make computer gaming a sport (if that’s possible. Think about it, how cool would it be to have like leagues for gamers who enter the competition. I know there are some competitions like Tekken tag Tournament and games like that for people who are lucky enough to be given the chance to be able to play in them, but I think their should be much more for the people like me who would absolutely love to enter something like this. I think the leagues would be very popular to. When I say leagues, I’m thinking along the lines of football league where you have top division, 1’st 2’nd 3’rd and so on.
Maybe this league could have a television show to support it and the battles or races could be shown to everyone sitting at home. I may be just fantasising too much, but I just can’t help but to think just how good this could be. People get excited with things like gameaday but think how people would react to tournaments where you compete with people your own age from all over the country. Maybe, if it does happen, we could think about getting involved in teams of gamers.

What I mean by this is instead of having a Liverpool football team you could have a Fantasy united gaming team, or whatever you decide your name to be. Chosing your name would be one little task, but there will be hundreds more! The leagues will be slip up a bit, one for RPG, one for Racing and so on and so fourth. There are enough people that would love to enter this, and im sure that the TV company would make millions!

Age is another thing I have considered. The ages could go something like 5 to 9, 10 to 14, 15 to 18 then 18+ go all together. There, all the ages are fairly evened out so it won’t be an unfair game. It wouldn’t be very sensible if a 5 year old was to battle against a 20 year old, the 5 year old could win and the 20 year old will be humiliated :-)

Obviously I have just given some very basic ideas and if my dream was to come true, their would have to be a lot of hard work to put into it to make it successful. So, more advertising, more computer game shows on the TV, and make gaming a sport of the future and give anyone and everyone a chance to enter would make me a very happy bunny! I know that there will be people having a little chuckle to my crazy ideas, but maybe, just one day this fantasy could be a reality. And this may well be the future of gaming.

Thanks for reading,
-M16-
Sun 08/04/01 at 11:42
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Okay this isn't really a game idea, just a Gaming Idea!

I think that everything to do with gaming should be advertised more than what it is now days. There was one stage where gaming was thought “not cool” by people, but I think it has come more, and more liked over the years. We do have adverts for games and consoles sometimes, but I just don’t think that it’s enough. There will be some people who are just casual gamers and who don’t read reviews for games etc., so if they see a telly advert for a game that has rolling footage I think it could help persuade the person to buy the game. As for us hard core gamers, I think it will do us good to see a game that we know good, being shown to the world (well, the UK then).

I still think that gaming could be so much more popular with a few more adverts etc., and the thing that I would love to happen is to make computer gaming a sport (if that’s possible. Think about it, how cool would it be to have like leagues for gamers who enter the competition. I know there are some competitions like Tekken tag Tournament and games like that for people who are lucky enough to be given the chance to be able to play in them, but I think their should be much more for the people like me who would absolutely love to enter something like this. I think the leagues would be very popular to. When I say leagues, I’m thinking along the lines of football league where you have top division, 1’st 2’nd 3’rd and so on.
Maybe this league could have a television show to support it and the battles or races could be shown to everyone sitting at home. I may be just fantasising too much, but I just can’t help but to think just how good this could be. People get excited with things like gameaday but think how people would react to tournaments where you compete with people your own age from all over the country. Maybe, if it does happen, we could think about getting involved in teams of gamers.

What I mean by this is instead of having a Liverpool football team you could have a Fantasy united gaming team, or whatever you decide your name to be. Chosing your name would be one little task, but there will be hundreds more! The leagues will be slip up a bit, one for RPG, one for Racing and so on and so fourth. There are enough people that would love to enter this, and im sure that the TV company would make millions!

Age is another thing I have considered. The ages could go something like 5 to 9, 10 to 14, 15 to 18 then 18+ go all together. There, all the ages are fairly evened out so it won’t be an unfair game. It wouldn’t be very sensible if a 5 year old was to battle against a 20 year old, the 5 year old could win and the 20 year old will be humiliated :-)

Obviously I have just given some very basic ideas and if my dream was to come true, their would have to be a lot of hard work to put into it to make it successful. So, more advertising, more computer game shows on the TV, and make gaming a sport of the future and give anyone and everyone a chance to enter would make me a very happy bunny! I know that there will be people having a little chuckle to my crazy ideas, but maybe, just one day this fantasy could be a reality. And this may well be the future of gaming.

Thanks for reading,
-M16-
Mon 16/04/01 at 11:34
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
That could happen but there are quite a few competitons that happen if you have a look in some of the magazines!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.