GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:00
Regular
Howdy! Anybody an expert on this movie? Just looking for a little information, which seems to be quite hard to find judging by my recent experiences. Check out the latest PSM2 DVD if you want to see a nice trailer. I just watched this, but have a few questions, mainly to do with release dates.

Does anybody know when its out in the cinema, if it will be at all?

Does anybody know if it'll be on DVD and when?

Is it definitely a movie, or a series of anime shorts?

Hope this doesn't offend anybody (being in the PS2 forum I mean). I guess it should be in the film forum, but it seemed PS2 related enough for me to put it here. Anyway, the point is, any information would definitely be welcome. Thanks in advance!
Sun 03/04/05 at 15:17
Regular
"member of dogg poun"
ssxpro wrote:
> Howdy! Anybody an expert on this movie? Just looking for a little
> information, which seems to be quite hard to find judging by my
> recent experiences. Check out the latest PSM2 DVD if you want to see
> a nice trailer. I just watched this, but have a few questions, mainly
> to do with release dates.
>
> Does anybody know when its out in the cinema, if it will be at all?

2006 apparently
>
> Does anybody know if it'll be on DVD and when?

its on UMD on the Sony PSP, rumours of a DVD release after it's debut on PSP
>
> Is it definitely a movie, or a series of anime shorts?

Definatly a movie
>
> Hope this doesn't offend anybody (being in the PS2 forum I mean). I
> guess it should be in the film forum, but it seemed PS2 related
> enough for me to put it here. Anyway, the point is, any information
> would definitely be welcome. Thanks in advance!
Sun 03/04/05 at 10:56
Regular
"The Reunion is Here"
Its definatly a film thats about 90mins long, according to reports. From what Square Enix say it will be both DVD and UMD, but i think the prospect of a PSP launch title has gone. No one actually nows the release date but Square say summer for japan, so probly a lot later for the uk.

for more information look through the news items at www.adventchildren.net

Square first said that it would not go to cinemas, but that may have changed
Sun 03/04/05 at 00:38
Regular
Thanks for the info so far. You are correct that it'd get more info in the film forum and I might try that approach if this fails, but I tend to forget where I've posted and only have time to check the PS2 forum usually, so I try to confine myself to that area.

As for the UMD only thing, IGN have it as a DVD and UMD release, but that was an old report. I think it'd be unwise to release it on UMD only since The Spirits Within struggled as it was and a further FF movie wouldn't benefit from UMD only restriction.

On release dates, if its the same as the PSP on both UMD and DVD, then that suits me fine, can happily wait for it.
Sun 03/04/05 at 00:30
Regular
"The definitive tag"
ssxpro wrote:
> Hope this doesn't offend anybody (being in the PS2 forum I mean). I
> guess it should be in the film forum, but it seemed PS2 related
> enough for me to put it here.

Would have recieved a lot more attention in the film forum. This one has hardly been getting any posts lately.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
gerrid wrote:
> I think it's getting a UMD only release, so that Sony can push their
> UMD media into consumers hands.

* Grabs shotgun and heads off to Japan *
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think it's getting a UMD only release, so that Sony can push their UMD media into consumers hands. I think it's a full film rather than a series of shorts.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:45
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I thought it was supposed to be a launch title with the PSP, dont know what happened to that.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:00
Regular
Howdy! Anybody an expert on this movie? Just looking for a little information, which seems to be quite hard to find judging by my recent experiences. Check out the latest PSM2 DVD if you want to see a nice trailer. I just watched this, but have a few questions, mainly to do with release dates.

Does anybody know when its out in the cinema, if it will be at all?

Does anybody know if it'll be on DVD and when?

Is it definitely a movie, or a series of anime shorts?

Hope this doesn't offend anybody (being in the PS2 forum I mean). I guess it should be in the film forum, but it seemed PS2 related enough for me to put it here. Anyway, the point is, any information would definitely be welcome. Thanks in advance!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.