GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Imported DS Charging??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/04/05 at 18:29
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Having just got back from the US with my brand spanking new DS, Mario, Wario and Yoshi (with the Minish Cap as a bonus), I'm unable to charge it! The standard US charger doesn't seem to work with a US->UK adapter.

What do you importing guys do? (Forgive me for any ignorance)
Tue 05/04/05 at 23:27
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Dag nabit, even that doesn't work..

Plus i've just realised that my GBA SP charger is actually an Asian one as I bought my GBA in Saudi Arabia for about half the price two years ago!
Sun 03/04/05 at 21:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> Alternatively, if you have a shaver socket in your bathroom (one of
> those 2 plug pins you use to charge shavers - runs at 110V) you
> should be able to plug your US plus into that. But I haven't tried it
> so you might not want to risk blowing up your DS. I'd say try it with
> some other US plug beforehand.

This definately works, my mate uses this method to charge his up.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:52
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Very tempting indeed - but then 2 wks without DS beats the pants off lifetime without DS...

Any other suggestions in the meanwhile?
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Alternatively, if you have a shaver socket in your bathroom (one of those 2 plug pins you use to charge shavers - runs at 110V) you should be able to plug your US plus into that. But I haven't tried it so you might not want to risk blowing up your DS. I'd say try it with some other US plug beforehand.
Sun 03/04/05 at 18:44
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Thanks mate, have got a GBA SP charger back at Uni - will use it when I get there. Sigh.. two weeks without DS..
Sun 03/04/05 at 18:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Buy a UK GBASP (or now, since the DS is out) a UK DS charger. Both will work fine.
Sun 03/04/05 at 18:29
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Having just got back from the US with my brand spanking new DS, Mario, Wario and Yoshi (with the Minish Cap as a bonus), I'm unable to charge it! The standard US charger doesn't seem to work with a US->UK adapter.

What do you importing guys do? (Forgive me for any ignorance)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.