GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the best console- sort it out now!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/04/01 at 11:03
Regular
I thought i would sum up the consoles around now and the next generation consoles. So what are the high and low points of them? Well read to find out and tell me if i missed anything.
Start with Sony, psx + ps2.
Well the playstation came out to a brilliant response and there was a lot of hype but it was well deserved. The playstation came with some mega games such as the ff series and mgs. The psx does lack quality games though releasing alot of rubbish games that no one buys e.g. Rise of the robots etc. But this particular console had quality games, fmv, sequences, gameplay and 3-d worlds, which made it totally original from the past consoles. Later on in the life of the psx games like Sony hawks 1 + 2 gave it a massive boost in the market and a little respurt but its life still goes on with the psone screen to play in car has attracted alot of younger players who’s parents don’t wanna buy a ps2. The games are quite a sensible price, which even though the graphics are worst helped it try to conquer the n64.
Ps2.
There was a lot of stipulation of the pricing scheme for this console, but it doesn’t take anything away from it and is looking sharp! The console in its self is £300 but it is probably worth it if you are a Sony fan, but not all are of course. There has been a lot of arguments about this console and if it is worth buying or not but with some of the best games around e.g. Timesplitters and zone of enders it is going to be able to stand up to the cube and Xbox even though it has been released earlier but that gives it a slight disadvantage. Sony a lucky in a way getting games like crazy taxi from Sega which will help it along a bit but Sega are also giving games to Nintendo and Microsoft.
Dreamcast:
Well this got absolutely no hype and no respect straight from the start and I cant understand why. The 128-bit system is lush the gameplay is smooth and the Internet is the icing on the cake really aint it! Ok so the Internet is not free in the UK, which is disappointing, as the USA get it free but hopefully that will change soon. With games like phantasy star online to spend evenings on at a time and play against people you don’t know to team up or go against to decide the adventure. The online gaming gives it an edge as Sony haven’t given it to the ps2 yet but the offline gaming is just as smooth anyway. Games like quake 3 offer a massive offline game and then a brilliant online game to add to it makes the dc a worthy opponents to the future consoles. But why was it never acknowledged as a decent enemy to the other consoles and was just dissed and if you had one you was gay. But despite what anyone said I got one and is pleased as hell with it today and I wont sell it ever, with so many decent sequels coming out in the next year alone it still has a minor chance.

N64:
With 64 bit graphics it easily cleared out the psx no problem… or did it? The graphics were twice as good but the psx still managed to pull in front and become even more popular. But with games like pd and Goldeneye it rose to the top in my opinion even though the psx had the ff series.

So what console is the best well it can be disputed and in my opion is the dreamcast instead of having arguments or writing 10 pages just write the console you like most.
timewarp

Sat 07/04/01 at 11:03
I thought i would sum up the consoles around now and the next generation consoles. So what are the high and low points of them? Well read to find out and tell me if i missed anything.
Start with Sony, psx + ps2.
Well the playstation came out to a brilliant response and there was a lot of hype but it was well deserved. The playstation came with some mega games such as the ff series and mgs. The psx does lack quality games though releasing alot of rubbish games that no one buys e.g. Rise of the robots etc. But this particular console had quality games, fmv, sequences, gameplay and 3-d worlds, which made it totally original from the past consoles. Later on in the life of the psx games like Sony hawks 1 + 2 gave it a massive boost in the market and a little respurt but its life still goes on with the psone screen to play in car has attracted alot of younger players who’s parents don’t wanna buy a ps2. The games are quite a sensible price, which even though the graphics are worst helped it try to conquer the n64.
Ps2.
There was a lot of stipulation of the pricing scheme for this console, but it doesn’t take anything away from it and is looking sharp! The console in its self is £300 but it is probably worth it if you are a Sony fan, but not all are of course. There has been a lot of arguments about this console and if it is worth buying or not but with some of the best games around e.g. Timesplitters and zone of enders it is going to be able to stand up to the cube and Xbox even though it has been released earlier but that gives it a slight disadvantage. Sony a lucky in a way getting games like crazy taxi from Sega which will help it along a bit but Sega are also giving games to Nintendo and Microsoft.
Dreamcast:
Well this got absolutely no hype and no respect straight from the start and I cant understand why. The 128-bit system is lush the gameplay is smooth and the Internet is the icing on the cake really aint it! Ok so the Internet is not free in the UK, which is disappointing, as the USA get it free but hopefully that will change soon. With games like phantasy star online to spend evenings on at a time and play against people you don’t know to team up or go against to decide the adventure. The online gaming gives it an edge as Sony haven’t given it to the ps2 yet but the offline gaming is just as smooth anyway. Games like quake 3 offer a massive offline game and then a brilliant online game to add to it makes the dc a worthy opponents to the future consoles. But why was it never acknowledged as a decent enemy to the other consoles and was just dissed and if you had one you was gay. But despite what anyone said I got one and is pleased as hell with it today and I wont sell it ever, with so many decent sequels coming out in the next year alone it still has a minor chance.

N64:
With 64 bit graphics it easily cleared out the psx no problem… or did it? The graphics were twice as good but the psx still managed to pull in front and become even more popular. But with games like pd and Goldeneye it rose to the top in my opinion even though the psx had the ff series.

So what console is the best well it can be disputed and in my opion is the dreamcast instead of having arguments or writing 10 pages just write the console you like most.
timewarp

Sat 07/04/01 at 11:10
N64, i think that has got more 'exelecnt' games than the rest. But i can see why Dreamcast is your choice.
Sat 07/04/01 at 11:11
what do you mean?
Sat 07/04/01 at 11:13
OOOOH.
Don't let SNIPER see this! :)

I be diggin' on PS2!
But I have no problem with any other console!
Games are real good, play 'em on what you can!
be it Atari 2600 or X-Box.
Sat 07/04/01 at 11:15
time_warp wrote:
> what do you mean?

The Dreamcast rocks. And if it didn't folp i would have got one. (I might get one anyway).
Sat 07/04/01 at 11:16
has sniper ever written anything more than this or is it his job to complain ,i mean he should at least prove he can do better.
Sat 07/04/01 at 11:20
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
This is what I mean, people are addicted to PSone and PS2 when they should be buying more excellent consoles! ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!
Sat 07/04/01 at 11:24
Pagey wrote:
> This is what I mean, people are addicted to PSone and PS2 when they
> should be buying more excellent consoles! ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!

Pagey, you play on what you want and leave the rest of us to play on what we want! Deal? :-)
Sat 07/04/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think at the moment DC is currently the best console - I expect though the PS2 to take over throughout the year. But once the Gamecube and X Box are out then your guess is as good as mine!!!
Sat 07/04/01 at 12:04
exactly right matty

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.