GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Keyboard Cleaning"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/03/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
My keyboard desperately needs cleaned.

Not only is there loads of dust between each key, but the more commonly used keys (eg, return, spacebar etc) are sort of stained and so forth, due to frequent use. You know what I mean.

Concerning the dust, I know, I know, I should've used a cover thing.
I used to, but it became tedious having to put it on, off, on, off, and so on.

Anyway, to the point.

Any tips on cleaning it? What are good ways of getting inbetween the keys? And how can I get the stained dirt like stuff of some of the keys?

Ta.
Wed 17/03/04 at 16:59
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> JamesD wrote:
> I bought a 'Computer Hoover' off eBay for 7 quid, works a treat.
>
> Want to buy a 'computer pen'?
>
> Its exactly the same as an ordinary pen, but you can keep it beside
> your computer so that you always have a pen on hand. A snip at
> £2.

Only if it is a 'clickie' one.

This 'Computer Hoover' has many cleaning 'add-ons' with it. My laptop keyboard used to play up, but when i bought this hoover off ebay it seemed to fix it.
Tue 16/03/04 at 22:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
JamesD wrote:
> I bought a 'Computer Hoover' off eBay for 7 quid, works a treat.

Want to buy a 'computer pen'?

Its exactly the same as an ordinary pen, but you can keep it beside your computer so that you always have a pen on hand. A snip at £2.
Tue 16/03/04 at 22:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Azul wrote:
> Where can I get some compressed air?

Jessops does it.

> And is there a specific way of taking the keys off? Or do I just
> wedge something between them and yoink?
> Heh.

Get a screwdriver and dive in like a man. They just pop off.

> Actually, would I unscrew it and take it apart?

At all costs no!
Tue 16/03/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Where can I get some compressed air?

And is there a specific way of taking the keys off? Or do I just wedge something between them and yoink?
Heh.

Actually, would I unscrew it and take it apart?
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:10
Regular
I bought a 'Computer Hoover' off eBay for 7 quid, works a treat.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:10
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Oh, and can anyone explain why,a after spraying for more than a few
> seconds, the can gets amazingly cold?

The can is decompressing. In the same way as compressing things makes them hot, decompressing things makes them cold. This is how fridges work.
Tue 16/03/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Meh"
I bought a new can of compressed air recently, this one seems to be different from my first though; while spraying this one has a slight smell to it, despite saying it's used for computer and electronic components - but my previous one was odourless. There's butane in this one.

Oh, and can anyone explain why,a after spraying for more than a few seconds, the can gets amazingly cold?
Tue 16/03/04 at 17:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Get some compressed air, it gets all the crap out behind the keys as well.

Giving the keys a bit of a scrub with a nailbrush should do the trick, you could use soapy water if you took the keys off.
Tue 16/03/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
My keyboard desperately needs cleaned.

Not only is there loads of dust between each key, but the more commonly used keys (eg, return, spacebar etc) are sort of stained and so forth, due to frequent use. You know what I mean.

Concerning the dust, I know, I know, I should've used a cover thing.
I used to, but it became tedious having to put it on, off, on, off, and so on.

Anyway, to the point.

Any tips on cleaning it? What are good ways of getting inbetween the keys? And how can I get the stained dirt like stuff of some of the keys?

Ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.