GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me another game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Cold Fear'.
Mon 04/04/05 at 09:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
OK, last time I got Cold Fear, and it's really good. It looks amazing, and makes up for a lack of Resi Evil on Xbox.

But now I need another. NEED! I've got £30 that I can spend in HMV only, and there are a few more games out since my birthday. So which one?

Brothers In Arms
SC: Chaos Theory
That new Conker game
Wed 06/04/05 at 11:22
Regular
When is it out?
Wed 06/04/05 at 09:52
Regular
"8==="
The original single player's a bonus.

It's the extensive live mode that's going to rule.
Wed 06/04/05 at 08:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Not sure about Conker - platformers should be left in the time of the N64.

Looks nice, in a strange, sweary way.
Wed 06/04/05 at 03:35
Regular
"8==="
Yeah it's pretty cool because MS usually publish very safe games.

This time they're on the offensive. ;)
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:07
Regular
Conker : Live and Reloaded is supposed to be very good. If you owned/still own an N64 or had a look at the OXM demo disc from a few months back you've probably encountered Conker.

The good thing about the game is it's made of two games rolled into one, the original (from N64) platformer, it's been made even more explicit (and it was VERY explicit before!) and the graphics have been tweaked. Added to that is the new Shoot-'em-up part of the game that is full of Conker one liners and adult humour.

It has Xbox Live, Co-op and Multiplayer, all the usual stuff you'd expect from an Xbox release nowadays.

Splinter Cell is supposed to be very good and is relatively inexpensive but I'm not a huge stealth fan so I can't really 'sell it' to you.

Brothers In Arms is a very addictive game that I rented not so long ago. The visuals aren't amazing but it's a very enjoyable game. Reminds me of parts of Conflict : DS and Medal Of Honor (yank spelling). Twas good but not amazing.

If everyone else is something to go by your probably best off with Splinter Cell, but Conker is a bit different ...
Mon 04/04/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I got Brothers In Arms in the end. Snuggly wants to borrow it, so that swung the vote.
Mon 04/04/05 at 12:41
Regular
Was playing the original the other day.

Still great fun.
Mon 04/04/05 at 12:20
Regular
NBA Street 3, can't stress how sweet it is. So much better than the first two, more depth, excellent career mode, lasts a hell of a long time. Shocked how few on here are actually interested in it, the single player is awesome.

Either that or steal a copy of World of Warcraft from someone's out.

WoW > All.
Mon 04/04/05 at 11:49
Regular
Chaos Theory > Everything else
Mon 04/04/05 at 10:06
Regular
I'm pretty sure Conker isn't out yet, so I'd advise you get Chaos Theory.

Brothers in Arms is great as well, but really isn't on quite the same level that the new Splinter Cell is. All 3 parts -the single player, co-op and versus- are all excellent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.