GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bumgrapes.. no Burnout 4 for Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 4: Revenge'.
Mon 04/04/05 at 17:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hardly a suprising turn of affairs seeing as we didn't get Burnout 3, but it seems EA/Criterion are keeping the fourth incarnation to PS2/Xbox as well. And for a while it looked like we might get it, since it was originally announced for "major platforms". Obviously Cube isn't major anymore..
You'd think with EA liking Nintendo enough to allow Mario in it's games etc, they could lean on Criterion to making a Cube port. Apparently not. And anyone who thinks this doesn't matter obviously hasn't played the brilliant Burnout 3..
Mon 04/04/05 at 17:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hardly a suprising turn of affairs seeing as we didn't get Burnout 3, but it seems EA/Criterion are keeping the fourth incarnation to PS2/Xbox as well. And for a while it looked like we might get it, since it was originally announced for "major platforms". Obviously Cube isn't major anymore..
You'd think with EA liking Nintendo enough to allow Mario in it's games etc, they could lean on Criterion to making a Cube port. Apparently not. And anyone who thinks this doesn't matter obviously hasn't played the brilliant Burnout 3..
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:08
Regular
I heard Burnout 3 is good but... it's been "EA'd"
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Bah, EA suck even more ass now.

Burnout 2 was amazing on the Cube, and apparently Burnout 3 was even better. Surely if Burnout 4 is good enough then they'll make enough profit to justify releasing it on the Cube. I can't see how they won't if previous versions are anything to go by...

Balls.
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:11
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'm sure a while ago someone (maybe NGC) said it was confirmed for cube. Liars.
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
Anyway doesn't it seem EA like releasing sequel after sequel..
Mon 04/04/05 at 18:25
Regular
It really isn't a massive loss.

Criterion are concentrating on Black so EA will be handling the sequel. From early screenshots it's looking like Need for Speed Underground with crashes.

EA know very little about making games that are actually fun.
Mon 04/04/05 at 20:15
Regular
"8==="
3 was quite poor offline. You're not missing anything since the Cube's online setup is a joke.
Mon 04/04/05 at 22:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I have a feeling Burnout 4 will suck. And you can hold me to that.
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hedfix wrote:
> 3 was quite poor offline. You're not missing anything since the Cube's
> online setup is a joke.

Maybe it's because I only played it round a mates and didn't have it to properly play on myself, day after day, but the Take-down mode for me was just an insane amount of fun :S
Mon 04/04/05 at 23:21
Regular
"8==="
It is quite good but I thought they could have made the skill level for getting a takedown a little bit higher.

Also the crash Mode was awful compared to Burnout 2's more simple affair that required more skill with no multipliers and extra explosions making it way too easy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.