GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Farscape"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/03/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Fudge Is The Answer"
Any news anyone - TV movie/movie/completely axed - what is the truth? I'm having serious withdrwal symptoms!
Mon 15/03/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Fudge Is The Answer"
Any news anyone - TV movie/movie/completely axed - what is the truth? I'm having serious withdrwal symptoms!
Mon 15/03/04 at 18:44
"High polygon count"
They (Sci-Fi channel) withdrew funding from season 5 of Farscape so that they could fund season 7 of Stargate SG1, as I understood it.

I am a fan of Stargate, but season 7 was a let-down as far as I was concerned. The "mighty battle" with Anubis was resolved far too easily. The so-call "best ever episode" (two-parter - with the TV crew) a few weeks ago was actually one of the worst episodes ever, in my opinion.

I would much rather they'd finished Farscape, which was far more promising.

The Farscape story was 'finished' (in a fashion) by a short story which appeared in the official magazine.

There was talk of a big-screen movie to finish it off, but I've heard nothing for a while. To be honest, I was so disappointed at yet another quality show being axed that I lost a lot of interest.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:35
"period drama"
That just really p!ssed me right off.
It was the only sci-fi thing I've ever liked, and was a damn fine programme. I'd rate it above SG1 anyday.

I think the plot was a bit too complex for the Yanks, that and the fact you really had to have been watching right from the very start to understand what's going on.
Compared to SG1, Star Trek and the like, where you can pretty much watch any episode as a stand-alone.

It was most fantastical, and if they brought it back, I'd be the happiest guy in the world.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeh, they cancelled it, the last episode wasn't actually the last, but it was a suitable enough ending though. Pity it ended.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:00
"period drama"
They could have just cut the extra extra bit off the end and say it was the last ever episode. But a nice twist like that gets everyone excited.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:06
Regular
Yeah, I too enjoyed Farscape. All the episodes were imaginative and the characters were vibrant.

Might have to grab the Series 1 DVD set.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I didn't catch Farscape very often, but the episode where Criton came back to Earth and was interrogated by the Australians was fantastic. I am actually quite amazed that they dropped it in favour of Stargate, which in my opinion is utter tosh.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Stargate rocks.
Fri 19/03/04 at 02:16
"High polygon count"
I still remember when Farscape first started. I was really getting into it, then I realised it had 'muppets' (Rygel etc.), and I thought... "Oh Jeez, this is going to be really dodgy..."

But it turned out to be an amazing show, and I really didn't notice the puppets in the end. Pilot was an amazing piece of animatronics, and Scorpius is possibly the best bad guy since Darth Vader.

The last episode was a hell of a cliff-hanger - I mean, how could they possibly come back from that? Season 5 would have been great.

Farscape was easily the best sci-fi since Babylon 5, if only in terms of having a pre-scripted, continuous 5-year story arc. It's a real shame that Sci-Fi Channel did what they did.

As has been mentioned, shows like Star Trek are mostly rambling, one-off shows which take little concentration or brainpower to keep up with. Unfortunately, Stargate now seems to have gone the same way, pretty much.

Babylon 5 and Farscape were more complicated, because they were completely pre-planned and required minimal 'filler' episodes. So the stories could be entwined and were for the most part well thought out. Intelligent sci-fi, if you like.

The fact that both struggled to maintain high viewing figures in the U.S. (although Babylon 5 was thankfully finished) says much about the average U.S. viewer.

Strange though, isn't it? Sci-fi fans are supposedly geeks, so you would assume that they were smart enough to follow a more complex story than your average Star Trek 2-parter offers.
Fri 19/03/04 at 10:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Well said, WòókieeMøn§†€®!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.