GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/04/05 at 19:51
Regular
": ("
My friend has a chipped Xbox and wants to get it online but im sure you're not allowed to do that because of legal reasons. Anyway his chipped xbox has two blue lights and switches underneath them, does this mean he can turn his modified thing off and on meaning he can go online?

Thanks.
Wed 06/04/05 at 19:51
Regular
My friend has a chipped Xbox and wants to get it online but im sure you're not allowed to do that because of legal reasons. Anyway his chipped xbox has two blue lights and switches underneath them, does this mean he can turn his modified thing off and on meaning he can go online?

Thanks.
Wed 06/04/05 at 20:51
Regular
If you go online with a modified Xbox it can be easily traced and the account will be blocked, and you won't be given any of the money back.

It doesn't matter whether it's on or off, they can apparently still trace you. My mate got caught using a chipped 'Box and they threatened to get Police action.

I read about not taking it online in quite a few mags, and I think it was on Watchdog - or a programme of the like

In short - he can't and I wouldn't bother risking it
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:10
Regular
"Craziest Col"
Live should still detect it.
Wed 06/04/05 at 23:12
"I love yo... lamp."
It depends on the chip. I have a mate with a chipped Xbox and he gets on Live fine.
Wed 06/04/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Lesson - Don't chip your xbox if you want to go online.
Wed 06/04/05 at 23:45
Regular
If you can afford it, I'd have one xbox for all your chipped needs, and a second for all your online needs. perhaps a third for your 'beer-can-resting' needs, and a fourth for your leg resting needs.
Thu 07/04/05 at 09:24
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I'm sure a window sill and a cardboard box would be much cheaper alternatives for those final two problems.

Also, I would never put my feet any where near my beloved 'box. Never.
Thu 07/04/05 at 10:58
Regular
Highly Excitable wrote:

> Also, I would never put my feet any where near my beloved 'box.
> Never.

You are lucky, My X-Box has a fetish for feet and refuses to play games for me until I have rubbed lotions in between my toes.
Sat 16/04/05 at 21:59
Regular
Is there any way to un-chip the Xbox?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.