GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ipod prices..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/03/04 at 14:12
"cheerios"
Not so sure where this topic belongs but anyway, I've really been wanting one of these for ages, especially those new mini ones that have just come out recently (check out the apple store)... So, does anybody know where I can get one dead cheap, even from America?
Sat 13/03/04 at 14:12
"cheerios"
Not so sure where this topic belongs but anyway, I've really been wanting one of these for ages, especially those new mini ones that have just come out recently (check out the apple store)... So, does anybody know where I can get one dead cheap, even from America?
Sat 13/03/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Look at the Creative Jukebox ZEN.

They're cheaper and you get more space.

Ipods are like PS2s, they're overhyped and you don't get good value for your money.

Saying that, I think that was a bit of an understatement! Not much value for money?!? Look at Amazons prices for the differing products. 3X as much space for £10 less if you go for the ZEN!

All New 15GB Apple iPod
Our Price: £239.99
All New Apple iPod 20GB
Our Price: £289.00

Creative Labs Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB
Our Price: £224.99
Creative JukeBox Zen NX Extra 60GB
Our Price: £279.99
Sat 13/03/04 at 19:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
My dear... The Zen is like a breeze block and limited in functionality. A better alternative is the iRiver. THough if your smart like me, get you iPod from the US and pay in $'s as the exchange rate is awsome ($1.8 = £1) so you'll end up paying almost half price for an ipod from the states and they work fine in the UK.

15GB Apple iPod: $249 = £131
20GB: $299 = £150ish
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It plays songs and it's only slightly bigger...

What other functions could you want anyway?
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:06
"cheerios"
Tyla wrote:
> My dear... The Zen is like a breeze block and limited in
> functionality. A better alternative is the iRiver. THough if your
> smart like me, get you iPod from the US and pay in $'s as the
> exchange rate is awsome ($1.8 = £1) so you'll end up paying
> almost half price for an ipod from the states and they work fine in
> the UK.
>
> 15GB Apple iPod: $249 = £131
> 20GB: $299 = £150ish

That's what I was thinking... Anyone got one of the new mini ones yet, wanted to see how they are...
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
They're only 4GB and not much cheaper at all so no point.

I can't see the point in the small ones, the other ones are fine, you're just paying slightly less for sonething smaller, plus being smaller you get less than a normal one...

I'd still go for a ZEN, they're much cheaper and you get far more. The audio options on both the Ipod and ZEN are pretty pointless, you just get your bog standard bass boost and other stuff such as different environments, like a concert hall...
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:28
Regular
Tyla wrote:

TYLA!

Quick, What is the Uniform Resource Locator of where you got this excellent deal from?
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:56
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
>
> TYLA!
>
> Quick, What is the Uniform Resource Locator of where you got this
> excellent deal from?

You just need a credit card and either someone you knwo going to the USA or a website which will import from the USA to the UK
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tyla wrote:
> My dear... The Zen is like a breeze block and limited in
> functionality. A better alternative is the iRiver. THough if your
> smart like me, get you iPod from the US and pay in $'s as the
> exchange rate is awsome ($1.8 = £1) so you'll end up paying
> almost half price for an ipod from the states and they work fine in
> the UK.
>

I am off to NYC on April 9th so hopefully will pick one up. Exchange rate is good at the moment but $1.80 is a bit high for consumer rates. Went on Friday to get some travellers cheques and could only get them for $1.72 instead of the $1.80. Few weeks back got some dollars for $1.78 even though the exchange rate was something like $1.84. Those few cents dont make too much difference. Those prices above are wrong for $1.80 anyway. If you take the rate at say $1.72 then the 15Gb model comes to about £145. Also do those prices above include sales tax? As sales tax is another 8.25% on top of the orginal price.
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:51
"I love yo... lamp."
Tyla wrote:

> You just need a credit card and either someone you knwo going to the
> USA

Oh adrian....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.