GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starsailor - I'm Impressed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
They've never been a band I've paid much attention to.
In fact, no. I haven't paid any attention to them to be honest.

But in October, when I was in Portugal listening to Vive Albuifeira FM Radio (I remember the name so well, as it was announced every 5 seconds, and the bloke said "Albufeira" funny), and a song came on (as they do).

I liked it. I liked it a lot. Didn't have a clue who it was by - they never said.
But I literally found out 15 minutes ago during the ad for their album - "Silence is Easy", which coincidentally is the song I had heard.

Annnnnywayyyyy, I just heard "Four to the Floor" on the tele a minute ago (which I'd heard a tiny amount of before, and some from, again, the album advert) - and it's excellent.

A good solid mix of instruments. Which is what I like.

So really, yes. I'm impressed. All in the last 20 minutes. By a band whose name had put me off for a while, even though I had no idea as to their genre of music.

Ah well. I really am considering buying their album.
Wed 17/03/04 at 21:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Heartbreaker? Pfft.
Wed 17/03/04 at 21:30
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I really like Starsailor, especially Born Again. When I first heard Silence is Easy (as in the song itself) I didn't think too much of it, but for some reason, I really liked it when I heard it louder. And I've always liked good souls.

And Heartbreaker and Trampled Underfoot are the lords of Zeppelin songs.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Worth a buy, no doubt.

But he asked about Starsailor.

Buh-boom-tsch.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:30
"period drama"
They're album is pretty decent.
Some of the lyrics are pretty cheesy, but some others are fantastical.

And Shark Food only has 4 lines, repeated over and over. Which is fine until you actually realise, then it's pretty annoying.
Telling Them is lovely, and Bring My Love is most amazing - reminds me a bit of the Coral for some reason.

Worth a buy, no doubt.
Mon 15/03/04 at 22:50
Regular
no, it's definitely chorley
Sat 13/03/04 at 23:23
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Starsailor are from Chorley, which is only about 5 miles away from my
> house.

I thought they were from Wigan? I'm fairly close to both, I suppose.
Sat 13/03/04 at 19:08
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Can I touch you?

Well it is highly unorthodox, but NO

:)
Sat 13/03/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Can I touch you?
Sat 13/03/04 at 18:07
Regular
Starsailor are from Chorley, which is only about 5 miles away from my house.

Ok, I'm done basking in their reflected glory now.
Sat 13/03/04 at 00:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Don't worry, Stairway rarely comes onto the radio in England. If it does, I'll just go to the bathroom.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.