GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR FIFA Tournament -- Read if You're Interested"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
[Edited (13:52, 16/3/04)]
Righty ho. I'll leave sign up open for another couple of days or so, and I'll make the draw on Saturday, at roughly 1:30 (for traditions sake).
Another thing is, with the equal abilities and stats, it'll vary for the position of the player, as to make it more realistic.
Ie, all defenders will have a relatively high tackle and strength ability, but a low shot power/accuracy ability.
As with strikers, a fairly low tackle and strength ability, but a good shot powe and accuracy ability. Makes sense, I s'ppose.
Oh, and I need your thought on this one. Hence the lovely boldedenessess.
Considering the amount of people signed up, do you think I should only make it one leg in the earlier stages, and then maybe two legs in the quarters/semis? Or should I have 2 legs right up to the quarters/semis? Or should I have a single leg throughout?
I'll leave it up to you, really. And if you can think of something more reasonable, then please, by all means, notify me. Cheers.

[Edited (16:06, 13/3/04)]
I'll start the tournament once there's a sizable amount people involved. So c'mon ladies, chop chop. And stuff. Oh, and I won't be starting the tourny for a week or so, so don't worry at all about if there's still time to choose a team. I'm nice like that, y'see.

Confirmed Teams - (You can pick any team you wish)

AJ - Juventus
Grandprix - Hartlepool
Virtuoso - Sccaassers
Ineedsleep - Huddersfield Town
619 >< 619 - Aberdeen
Neo - Man Utd
J'T - Réal Madrid
Icarus - Blackburn Rovers
Biggles - Partick Thistle
Lipe - Sporting Lisbon
Badgerman - The Almighty Pompey™
Wakka - Atletico de Madrid.
The Don - Roma
Biggie Little - Ipswich Town
Littlest Brother - Mr.We-like-to-score-500-goals-per-game before-having-501-scored-against-us (Spurs)
Figo - FC Porto (Ahahahha)
Tribute - Leeds
DW - Wycombe Wands.
Chris - Bradford City
lcfc_okay - Leicester City
Colourless - Chelsea (I sooo resisted the urge to put Chelski. Oh, wait. DAMN!)
jim-hat - Nott'ham Forest
Clazon - Arsenal
Foreman - Villa

It has indeed taken me some time (ie, 5 minutes) to finalise this, and sort everything out for it to be as even as possible. So, here goes people. This is how it’ll work.

In this thread, you will pick your teams. All teams have equal abilities/statistics. It’s going to be a two leg style tournament, up until the semi’s (possibly, maybe just up until the final’s), and this is what’s going to happen.

I’ll give you the line up of both squads playing on the particular day. I’ll make a list of some predictive type questions, for example, “which player/team will score first?”, “which half/which ten minute slot will the first goal be scored in (0-10, 10-20…)”, and so on.

I’ll randomize who’ll face who as to make it even and fair. A points system for your predictions and wins and so forth will be decided by the time I set up the first game.

Your main points income will be from your predictions of each match, but bonus points will be awarded if your team scores first, which team scores the best goal (judged by me, and if any), if you win, and probably a few others when I think of them.

I’ll play a game every week or half week, and I’ll announce them well in advance for you to get your predictions in.

[Added] - Bookings (ie, red cards, two yellows one match after t'other) and injuries will carry on match to match. In this case, I'll ask you who you want to replace them. And also, points will be removed and so forth for cards etc.
:)

So basically, that’s it really. Any queries, ask. There’s probably some blindingly vital stuff missing, so just put stuff forward to me and I’ll update this thread (hurrah for the new edit thingy).

So. Pick your teams, ladies. And no fighting. Ooh, and that’s another thing. Well known die hard fans will sort of get the edge over other people for the team they wish, such as (might as well use this example again) with Virtuoso, and them car radio thieves.

And so yeah, the points will be sorted out soon - a higher amount of points respective of the achievement. Ie, a hat-trick for one of your players would get you a truck load of points.
Mon 22/03/04 at 18:14
Regular
"Better Than You"
So have you made the draw Azul. 'Cause I know you are online to reply because it says you have posted in the last ten minutes.
Sun 21/03/04 at 19:24
Regular
"Better Than You"
So when is the draw being made!?
Sun 21/03/04 at 19:18
Regular
"es argh"
Colourless wrote:
> Stand up if you love Wayne Bridge, Stand up
>
> *Stands*
>
> Wayne Bridge, there's only one Wayne Bridge....
>
>
> You'll never beat Southampton, You 'll never beat Southampton.

Classique.

Sit down.
Sun 21/03/04 at 13:49
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Azul wrote:
> Heh.
>
> I'm gonna just wait until tomorrow - can't be derriéred just
> now.

Has the draw been made yet?
Sat 20/03/04 at 21:29
Regular
"Notable"
Gah. So much for tradition.

*spits*
Sat 20/03/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Heh.

I'm gonna just wait until tomorrow - can't be derriéred just now.
Sat 20/03/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Notable"
And the draw is....
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Can you still pick your team?

Yeah, might as well. The draw hasn't been made.

You've got 15 minutes.
Sat 20/03/04 at 17:19
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Has the draw been made?
Sat 20/03/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Notable"
Yes but hurry.

Oooh. Getting close now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.