GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT 4 licensing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Fri 08/04/05 at 00:57
Regular
"speedojc"
Is there some way to get around all the license tests? I have thus far built up a Viper to 983 hp, but I have to race piece of junk quattro's w/no posi, crummy brakes, etc in these crazy license runs. What is the sense ? FYI to Volkswagen, after this game, I would never buy a Quattro... period. Yes, I have experience...I've raced Corvettes !
Please help, code breakers of the world.
Fri 08/04/05 at 14:37
Regular
The tests on GT4 I think are pretty helpful. The game has A-spec points, which, as far as I can see, are merely for respect, but basically encourage you to take on tougher races. If you want to win those harder races, you need to know how to handle a car that doesn't perform as well as the competition. The tests are ideal for learning these skills.

Also, you have a viper with a huge amount of horsepower inside - if you go into races, the A-spec points are likely to be minimal. If you go to settings before a race, you can opt to remove certain upgrades temporarily, which reduces horse power, increases A-spec points *and* would definitely make the Viper a lot smoother and probably quicker.

The reason for the "quicker" comment is that the big horse power upgrades tend to aid acceleration at higher speeds rather than out of low speed corners. On some of the slower, more technical circuits a car with no turbo kit, but decent gear tuning is likely to perform better in comparison.
Fri 08/04/05 at 01:01
Regular
"The definitive tag"
[URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Gran_Turismo_4_3191_r.html[/URL]

Might be of some help.
Fri 08/04/05 at 00:57
Regular
"speedojc"
Is there some way to get around all the license tests? I have thus far built up a Viper to 983 hp, but I have to race piece of junk quattro's w/no posi, crummy brakes, etc in these crazy license runs. What is the sense ? FYI to Volkswagen, after this game, I would never buy a Quattro... period. Yes, I have experience...I've raced Corvettes !
Please help, code breakers of the world.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.