GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this a new low, even for The Sun?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/03/04 at 10:47
"High polygon count"
Page 22 of today's Sun 'newspaper'... a small article which caught my attention.

Millions of viewers last night saw TV super-b!tch Tanya sending her weak-hearted hubby Frank to heaven smiling after a deadly romp in Footballer's Wives.

Although the hit show is pure fiction, it's not unknown for a lover to die "on the job".

If you lost a partner in the throes of passion, we want to hear from you. We are offering £500 for any story we publish.

It then goes on to provide contact details.

Now is it just me, or is that a new low, even for this rag?

Would you consider selling such a story, if you had one? I'm sure most would find it too personal and private.
Thu 11/03/04 at 16:10
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I lost a partner in the throes of passion. One day last summer I was giving my beloved a good seeing too and to ensure that I got a kinky kick out it, I was performing in front of an open window. That way people could see me in action and hear all the noises.

After ten minutes or so, totally unexpected, I tugged too hard and sag jr was literally tossed off through the window and landed on the street below.

Then a Dog ate it.
Thu 11/03/04 at 15:48
"possibly impossible"
Frankly I'm amazed that the Sun needs any writing at all. Most of its readers would be happy with just pictures...
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:11
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I don't read newspapers either generally, and I only watch the news if
> there is something particularly interesting on.
>
> A lot of the news on telly is tarnished with crap. Why do I care
> about some footballers being arrested for sexual assault? Why do I
> care that they had to spend a week in prison? Pathetic.
>
> I do watch a lot or documentaries and educational programmes
> though.
>
> That's why I know everything.

Yeah, I'm like that, someone said to me the other day "you should read a newspaper everyday", but why should I? I too only watch the news if I'm cooking or something and I'll have it on in the background, and my radio wakes me up so I hear the main stories, but you're right, I don't think it's essential to your intelligence to know all about what is going on all the time. I watch a lot of science programmes and I watch some fiction, but I watch a lot of films and read a lot, so I don't really have time to watch news every day. Does that mean I'm less part of the world, or less intelligent than others? Hmmm...
Thu 11/03/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I read the independant Compact (Your right Sheepy) and the Sun.

Sun is really only for the sports section, for the same reason I buy the News of the World (oh, and the TV mag free in it).
Thu 11/03/04 at 11:22
Regular
I don't read newspapers either generally, and I only watch the news if there is something particularly interesting on.

A lot of the news on telly is tarnished with crap. Why do I care about some footballers being arrested for sexual assault? Why do I care that they had to spend a week in prison? Pathetic.

I do watch a lot or documentaries and educational programmes though.

That's why I know everything.
Thu 11/03/04 at 11:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The Independant Compact is genius
Thu 11/03/04 at 11:18
"High polygon count"
Kat wrote:
> If you read the sun, you expect that sort of thing surely!

I don't 'read' the Sun. I skim through it. I don't really read any paper, as they're all yesterday's news. My parents get it (dad likes the sports section) and I occasionally have a quick flick through.

The only part I really read is the TV page!
Thu 11/03/04 at 11:03
Regular
If the only thing available to read is a tabloid paper, I usually end up reading a grand total of about 2 articles.

All the rest is 'celebrity A did this' or 'celebrity B did that'.

I saw a paper that had a huge front page exposé on Beckhams spanish mansion, and at the bottom it says "Massive earthquake in India, thousands killed"

what the hell?

I agree with freedom of speech, but if those papers are a good representation of how short sighted and easily glorified the population of our country is, then I'm ashamed to be british.
Thu 11/03/04 at 10:57
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
If you read the sun, you expect that sort of thing surely!
Thu 11/03/04 at 10:57
"High polygon count"
If you feck someone to death, is it murder or manslaughter?

It can't be 'accidental death', cos you can't feck someone by accident.

"Honest officer, I tripped and just kinda... fell into her/onto him..."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.