GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4 - Problems?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:07
Regular
"No CHAVS allowed!"
i would just like to know if anyone else has been having problems loading GT4 on the old style PS2? Also does anybody elses repetedly crash after finishing a race?
Wed 13/04/05 at 16:46
Regular
"The definitive tag"
In my experience, lens cleaners do more harm than good.
Wed 13/04/05 at 15:07
Regular
"No CHAVS allowed!"
i bought a lens cleaner CD yet it did not seem to do anything, i think my laser is just finished!
Tue 12/04/05 at 12:20
Regular
That sounds like a very similar thing then - mine went red as I said, but I have been lucky so far - its worked again afterwards. Have you tried a lens cleaner? I have used one and it seems to keep things running smoothly for a month or so after I use it.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:08
Regular
"No CHAVS allowed!"
the loading thing went red after a race, then nothing would happen most of the time, i tried opening the tray and blasting it with compressed air, it worked once and that is it.
I just think that my PS2 has got old and crap.
Mon 11/04/05 at 07:39
Regular
I've always had trouble reading DVDs with my PS2 (a launch machine), but have also had occasional trouble with GT4. Occasionally, after a race, the loading screen, rather than being the little white spinning meter down the bottom, was in fact red (though still spinning). This would go on for ages unless I did something, so I always assumed this was the PS2 struggling to read the disc. To cure it, I simply opened the tray, brushed off the disc, then put it back. Everything then loads to the place it should.
Sun 10/04/05 at 13:47
Regular
"No CHAVS allowed!"
Thanks for th help, it does look a bit scratched, i am starting to get annoyed with the old PS2 now, i might see if i can get a new one, Gt4 is so addictive!
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:32
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I had problems with my GT4 on my old PS2. Every time the game loaded, the screen just went black and nothing happened.

Turned out my useless PS2 was faulty and was scratching the discs. It ruined two copies of GT4.

Take a look at the disc to make sure it isn't scratched. If it is and you're pretty sure you haven't treated it badly, then there is a strong possibility it's your PS2 that's causing the problem.
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I've had no problems with my game and i've got a playstation from the second lot that were made i believe. Pretty old one anyway and was one of the models that was being said to have been affected but like i said, no problems here
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:07
Regular
"No CHAVS allowed!"
i would just like to know if anyone else has been having problems loading GT4 on the old style PS2? Also does anybody elses repetedly crash after finishing a race?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.