GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brothers in Arms"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brothers in Arms'.
Sat 09/04/05 at 17:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Looks quite nice.

Unfortunately, I'm soo used to WoW's normail mouse invert state, I cant play invert mouse (as my norm) OR non-inverted.

Booooo..........
Sun 10/04/05 at 10:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh, the Thriller dance near the beginning was when my sanity started going downhill. It's awesome, but I don't know why. Apparently that new film ("Kung Fu Hustle") of his is even better. Not sure when it comes out here.
Sun 10/04/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Team Evil, if you will.
>
> (watch Shaolin Soccer for that one...)

Excellent movie. I have to see the extended version with the Bollywood style dance scene.
Sun 10/04/05 at 10:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Team Evil, if you will.

(watch Shaolin Soccer for that one...)
Sun 10/04/05 at 10:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
By shooting the German team.
Sun 10/04/05 at 10:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Got this on Xbox, I really like it. It makes me feel guilty when I successfully trick the Germans out of hiding.

Got a suppression team and a fire team now, so I get one to suppress and the other to flank and kill, while I observe the carnage. Makes me feel proud, like a parent with 11 kids that just won the World Cup.
Sat 09/04/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's a good game but I'm having difficulty returning to linear gaming at the mo, plus I just dont want to play anything else.
I bought Splinter Cell 3 today, traded in Mercenaries for it.

WoW has stolen my gaming time, and I'm really really happy about that.
Nice to see Pandaemonium feels as happy with the game as I do, when I heard he spent a bit more to get it I felt guilty in case he was "Man this sucks".
But, as predicted, it grabbed him too!

Possibly the most enjoyable, immersive, non-linear, non repetitive game I've played in a loooooooooooong time.
And I'll happily admit that Star Wars Galaxies is terrible having tasted a truly excellent product
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> The excellent thing about MMORPGs is the lack of a quicksave.
> Possibly one of the biggest immersion-busters ever!

Aye, after you've sold something accidentally by spacky fingers clicking............
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:28
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
The excellent thing about MMORPGs is the lack of a quicksave. Possibly one of the biggest immersion-busters ever!
Sat 09/04/05 at 18:12
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think I might actually be starting to loose interest in shoot em up. Getting stuck on one level in BIA made me get bored faster that I usually do in these games, it's just I know what's going to happen, so after every quick load I do the same thing again hoping the next time I'll be more successful.

Step into WoW and literally anything can happen, that's the whole appeal. You could log in in the middle of a full scale raid, or just happen to join the game in a time of calm and spend the next few hours fishing quite happily, oblivious to anything else that‘s going around you.

It's going to be very hard for me to play linear games like BIA in the future.
Sat 09/04/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm having serious problems targeting. I dread to think what it's done to my CS:S game.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.