GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All you gamers..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
Here is a little question... Do you consider a walkthrough as a kind of cheat? I mean do you think a walkthrough is not a fair way to play?
I, use them sometimes. Personally, I wouldn't call them cheats. I think they are just help. Not a cheat which enables you to have infinite health or things likle that.

Discuss please.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
Here is a little question... Do you consider a walkthrough as a kind of cheat? I mean do you think a walkthrough is not a fair way to play?
I, use them sometimes. Personally, I wouldn't call them cheats. I think they are just help. Not a cheat which enables you to have infinite health or things likle that.

Discuss please.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:21
Regular
"8==="
Depends, if you have to find 1 object on a map that's 14 miles by 14 miles and the game gives you no clue where the object is and you can't progress any further or have any fun without getting the object in the game then I say use a walkthrough.

Using a wlakthrough for every element of a game's quite sad. Some reviewers do this to make their deadlines which is why you get some really weird reviews.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Balls"
no i wouldn't call them cheats but by using a guide it kinda takes the fun out of a game as you dont have the fun of finding out all the stuff yourself.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
Yeah I do that too. It is quite sad. I went to my friends house, and he had this walkthrough. He paused the game every 5 seconds to read the walkthrough. He also used to say 'Look, we have all this left in the mission *shows a paragraph*'
Now,, that is sad. Seeing how much you have progressed by paragraphs...
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:25
Regular
"8==="
Unless the game's stupidly big/ridiculously hard/both.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:26
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
Like The Suffering...
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:28
Regular
"8==="
I usually use wlakthroughs when there's a bug in the game and I have to work out what the hell I'm supposed to do to get round it.

In Zelda, for instance, it tells you to play the Song of the Royal Family' at the waterfall - this doesn't make it do anything. You actually have to use Zelda's song so somewhere the correct song got mixed up in translation etc etc.

After getting confused by doing what the game said I had to do and then that not working I was a bit stuck (admittedly I didn't try all the songs but there you go) so I consulted a walkthrough and all was solved.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:29
Regular
"8==="
Zig zag wrote:
> Like The Suffering...

I read a review of that, it sounds good. Is it stupidly big or ridiculously hard then?
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:29
Regular
"8==="
Ooer that sounds quite dodgy actually.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:30
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
In OPS2, they warn you it is very, very hard, although very good. I am not getting it though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.