GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ROME TOTAL WAR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rome Total War'.
Sat 09/04/05 at 23:00
Regular
"Lian"
So has any body played rome total war? If you haven't then i don't know where you have been because it is amazing.

Ok why is it amazing you ask well i will explain.

The game rome total war is all about war in the old times and when i say old times i mean old for example 69 bc. You mainly play as the roman faction in the campaign, there are 4 roman factions there is the SPQR this is the main roman army then there is the julii, the brutii, and the scipii 4 combat masters during battle. In the campaign you go round conquering citys and villages and make your army bigger and bigger through out the game to conquer your enemys. Once you have compleated it you can get different factions to play as which is very exacting.

Now i will talk about the graphics and the multiplayer in the game.

Rome total wars's graphics are phenomenal such as the terrain detail it looks extremly real and with the terain the detail of the army. It helps if you have a fast computer and a good graphics card. The multiplayer section is most enjoyable because you get to play people any where in the world, i have played people from france, germany, england, holland and many more countries. In the multiplayer you pic a team then you chose your men and then you play the battle but its not that easy you have to use the tacktics on the field when i say tacktics i mean such as drawing your man in so u can preform a flank attack or just over welm you enemy. Once the game is finished you get brought to the game lobby where you can chose your next person to play, and believe me you never get tiered of seeing your enemys armys getting crushed by yours.

I would say you should try this game if you a war and stratagie person and eventually you will start pressing your enemysto submission.

I hope my post was interesting to all you gamers out there
and hope to see you on rome praps and see who is the better genral
Fri 15/04/05 at 11:23
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
One can get a similar sense of enjoyment by sending in about 5 units of Urban Cohort, 3 or 4 Praetorian Cavalry, and 2 or 3 Ballistae against a bunch of Illyrian peasants.

Mmm...blood-tastic.
Fri 15/04/05 at 11:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not got this (shameful) but I loved mopping up peasant armies on Medieval with the most overblown war machine in existence. Knights, men at arms, halberdiers, every possible fully upgraded, advanced troop type against 960 screaming peasants. It was horribly good.
Wed 13/04/05 at 15:11
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Never fails to amuse when a small band of peasants bravely march against my towering armies. Like suicide bombers but without the bombs...
Tue 12/04/05 at 21:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I bought it today.

It's great, though I messed up the start and have about ten watch towers in stupid places.

I was so excited when 600 Gauls ran like idiots into my glorious legions.
Mon 11/04/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Bicycle"
Neither.

It fun.

But not as fun as Evil Genius, ahahahahahahahaha.

Mon 11/04/05 at 17:32
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I can't deny that I have played Rome Total War :0]
Sun 10/04/05 at 23:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Least he could spell Gernamy
Sun 10/04/05 at 22:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Sorry, out supplier is having trouble over in Gernamy. There won't be anymore shipments of comments until mid-week.
Sun 10/04/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Lian"
people thanks for your replys keep the comments comming in
Sun 10/04/05 at 18:51
Regular
I have played people from france, germany, england, holland and many more countries.

Overall I give this game 4/10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.