GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Campions leauge who will win????"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/04 at 17:31
Regular
"ARSENAL R DA BEST"
Who do u recon will win the champion leauge and what else do u think is going to happen such as who will go out in the semi's etc.

Happy for all ur views an comments
Sat 13/03/04 at 09:35
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Real Madrid.
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Yum, Pedigree Chum"
Chelsea
Wed 10/03/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Either Real Madrid, AC Milan or Bayern Munich.
Wed 10/03/04 at 17:41
"Darkness, always"
You're not telling me these gay format tags are case sensitive?

Jesus Christ.

=====

And with post editing too? It's almost like a decent forum...
Wed 10/03/04 at 17:41
"Darkness, always"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> If Porto had gone at you like in the 1st leg, or had been a better
> team, you'd have been out long before the free kick at the end.

I don;t think that's fair. Porto had clearly done a little homework, and seen that United have been very dodgy on crosses recently, and whipped a large number of them into the box hoping for easy joy, but Brown was a vast improvement on his recent self, and rose to the challenge.

It's easy to point at two crucial decisions (disallowed goal, cheap free kick) turning the tie, but really, United should have been better. Conversely, it's just as easy to dismiss those two decisions as "just football". Personally, I'll take this moment as another chance to get on my soap box and demand more use of technology in the game. In this instance, the linesman's flag didn't go up until after the ball had hit the back of the net. Surely a quick glance at a replay (since the ball is temporarily out of play in the back of the net or for a free kick anyway) to ensure the proper decision is made?

What really angered me about last night was one particular moment the referee had, where Ronaldo was sent flying to the floor - clearly a yellow card offence - and was left writhing on the floor in obvious pain, while the ref laughed and told him to get up. He then ignored him completely and allowed play to go on, and it required a little sportsmanship (at last) from a Porto player to knock the ball out of play so he could receive treatment. If I'd been close enough, I'd have run on the pitch and smacked the stupid russki. I only wish I could have seen the guy's face as Ronaldo was then stretchered away. I half expect he would have been beaming from ear to ear.

Ultimately, before the game, G.Neville went public saying we needed a strong referee for the game. We didn't get one. That combined with our own poor performance over both legs means that silverware this season of any kind is highly unlikely.
Wed 10/03/04 at 01:09
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I can now hold my head up high (above the Mancs for once), and say that at least we're still in Europe!

=P
Wed 10/03/04 at 00:41
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
I felt
> both teams were pretty poor tonight.

Thats the champions league in general really. People say Chelsea played good in Germany two weeks ago compared with tonights performance but they only actually had two shots at goal in that game!

I hate pretty much every team left in the champions league. I hated Juventus too but at least they can be exciting to watch with players like Nedved and Del Piero in the team.

I really dont wanna see Real/AC win it again. We usually see a dark horse in most seasons of the chamions league and perhaps this season it may be Deportivo.

Roma will win it next year
Wed 10/03/04 at 00:16
"High polygon count"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> The defending looked a lot more solid today

Being perfectly honest, I thought the defending - while better - was still 'iffy'.

If Porto had gone at you like in the 1st leg, or had been a better team, you'd have been out long before the free kick at the end. They didn't have many shots on target, but the did get into a few excellent positions - but the final pass was usually missing, and when it did happen, the shooting was woeful! On the whole they seemed scared to come forward for much of the game, and had little or no pace when they did.

No doubt team and fans alike will be extremely bitter over what was a perfectly good goal being disallowed, but the result aside, I felt both teams were pretty poor tonight.

And that Ronaldo, eh? What a girl, ay Mr Neville? Little knock on the leg and carried off on a stretcher! Big girls blouse! ;-p

Anyway, I'm off to bed. G'night.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I can't hide my dissapointment with United going out today.

The Scholes goal being ruled out was once again a poor decision by the officials, which means United go out on a sour note.

The defending looked a lot more solid today, but United's general football play over the two legs has been well out of sorts.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
*perennial

damn hand eye coordinatizxkahdycbsgaua.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.