GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are Disney DVD's so sodding hard to get hold of?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/03/04 at 13:45
Regular
All I want is 'Aladdin' and 'The Jungle Book' on DVD, but they're both out of print and the only copies I can find on Ebay are about £30-40. According to release schedules Aladdin is out on R1 DVD at the end of the year on a super special edition type thingy, but why?

These are 2 of Disney's most popular films yet they're so bloody hard to get hold of. There's copies of other Disney films in similiar situations on Ebay that have been out of print for a while, going for about £60 a piece. Why don't Disney keep these sodding titles in print and stop deleting them after a couple of months shelf life?

For a company that make kids films, they really know how to cash-in and to be honest I think it stinks.
Wed 10/03/04 at 20:24
"possibly impossible"
Princess Mononoke is a bit violent to be classed as similar to a Disney film. It has a far better, more intricate story too.
Wed 10/03/04 at 18:39
Regular
Totoro you must have loved the Castle in the Sky UK release. It looked very cheaply put together and no booklet either. Porco Rosso is next, I think I'll get the Japanese and French version, Jean Reno as the Crimson Pig.
Wed 10/03/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
You should pick up Studio Ghibli's Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky. Very Disney-esque films, but better.

Spirited Away is released on dvd in a couple of weeks too. VERY good film.
Mon 08/03/04 at 23:24
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> They've pretty much (other than the Pixar
> films) run out of creative juices so they've started churning out
> crap like Peter Pan 2, Lady and the Tramp 2 etc etc

Good thing: Toy Story 2 was originally a straight-to-video crappy sequel until Pixar decided to vamp it up for a full release.

Bad thing: In the Disney/Pixar split, Disney keep the risghts to all existing movies, including any sequels. Cue Toy Story 15: the Pixar guys who made it good replaced with Disney-rush-it-out-quick production values.
Mon 08/03/04 at 20:07
Regular
"not dead"
Creating a false demand. Very naughty.

It's just as you say, so when they are available, people rush out and buy them at full price. Every now and trhen they do a buy one, get one free, but it's whilst all of the bets ones are out.

Of course, you can buy Cinderella 2 and the like anytime you please. And it's utter tripe.

Favourite Disney movie though?

Lion King was quality, but I think I'll go for Dumbo, thanks to the pink elephant scene.
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:10
Regular
Ya.. Bambi was good aswell even if it's too 'soapy' for some..
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:06
Regular
J'T wrote:
> Pinocchio = Best Disney ever
>
> Someone oppose me, go on I dares ya...
Beauty and the Beast.
Aladdin.

Go on...Kiss it.. (_!_)
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:05
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> All I want is 'Aladdin' and 'The Jungle Book' on DVD, but they're both
> out of print and the only copies I can find on Ebay are about
> £30-40. According to release schedules Aladdin is out on R1 DVD
> at the end of the year on a super special edition type thingy, but
> why?
> *****
Aladdin, was never released onto DVD. It's being released as a 2 discer Platinum Edtion, and an uber box set in October and Jungle Book is being released a Platinum 2 discer late 2005/ early 2006.

They're doing it to all 35 of the 'Classics'
They don't just lump a load of extras on the discs they've re-mastered the movies too with THX sound add extra songs (even though they're crap) (Beauty and the Beast exculded) and everything.

Ooo!! Yay!
Mon 08/03/04 at 18:42
Regular
Last time I counted there were 11 sequels of Disney animated movies. I thought it was classy that they didnt do any sequels to the Lion King because it did so well ~_~ I guess I was wrong as the 3rd one is out now. Must they go back and do sequels of everything.
Mon 08/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Notable"
Pinocchio = Best Disney ever

Someone oppose me, go on I dares ya...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.