GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hercules passes away..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/03/04 at 23:04
Regular
Raymond Fernandez, who was a WWF star in the 80s and a New Japan star in the 90s as Hercules Hernandez, was found dead on Saturday morning, having died in his sleep.

Dewey Robertson announced that Hercules had passed away at the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame banquet last night. We have since confirmed the story is true.

Fernandez was living in Tampa. At this point the cause of death is presumed to be a heart attack, pending an autopsy.

Fernandez was best known as "The Mighty" Hercules Hernandez in the World Wrestling Federation in the 1980s as a member of Bobby Heenan's stable. His major singles feud was with Billy Jack Haynes in 1987 over who had the better full nelson. The feud featured his career highlight, a double countout against Haynes at Wrestlemania III.

Fernandez was turned babyface in a feud against Ted DiBiase after an angle where he rejected being sold to DiBiase as "his slave." He later teamed with Paul Roma as the Power and Glory tag team.

After leaving the WWF in the early 1990s, he had a run in New Japan Pro Wrestling as Hercules Hernandez teaming with Scott Norton as the Jurassic Powers. He also worked briefly in WCW as the masked Super Destroyer managed by Harley Race during 1992's Bill Watts regime.

Prior to his WWF run, Fernandez had worked for a number of territories including World Class, Mid-South, and Central States Wrestling.

Fernandez has been retired for years, but did work an independent date in Queens, New York in 2001 for Gladiator Championship Wrestling.

Credit :: NoDQ.com

RIP man. :c(

Oh, and before anyone says "thought you'd left"...I only popped in to see my thread. Noticed nobody had posted this. So shush...
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Never heard of him but I will type R.I.P
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:39
Regular
Bah, lots of wrestlers have been dying :( Never knew who he was but R.I.P.
Mon 08/03/04 at 15:41
Regular
Hercules! Hercules!
Mon 08/03/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hoho! I get it!

Anyway, sad news about the wrestler Hercules.
Mon 08/03/04 at 06:56
Regular
Peanut Head wrote:
> However, Im still alive, Gayry.

Matthew?
Sun 07/03/04 at 23:34
Regular
However, Im still alive, Gayry.
Sun 07/03/04 at 23:04
Regular
Raymond Fernandez, who was a WWF star in the 80s and a New Japan star in the 90s as Hercules Hernandez, was found dead on Saturday morning, having died in his sleep.

Dewey Robertson announced that Hercules had passed away at the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame banquet last night. We have since confirmed the story is true.

Fernandez was living in Tampa. At this point the cause of death is presumed to be a heart attack, pending an autopsy.

Fernandez was best known as "The Mighty" Hercules Hernandez in the World Wrestling Federation in the 1980s as a member of Bobby Heenan's stable. His major singles feud was with Billy Jack Haynes in 1987 over who had the better full nelson. The feud featured his career highlight, a double countout against Haynes at Wrestlemania III.

Fernandez was turned babyface in a feud against Ted DiBiase after an angle where he rejected being sold to DiBiase as "his slave." He later teamed with Paul Roma as the Power and Glory tag team.

After leaving the WWF in the early 1990s, he had a run in New Japan Pro Wrestling as Hercules Hernandez teaming with Scott Norton as the Jurassic Powers. He also worked briefly in WCW as the masked Super Destroyer managed by Harley Race during 1992's Bill Watts regime.

Prior to his WWF run, Fernandez had worked for a number of territories including World Class, Mid-South, and Central States Wrestling.

Fernandez has been retired for years, but did work an independent date in Queens, New York in 2001 for Gladiator Championship Wrestling.

Credit :: NoDQ.com

RIP man. :c(

Oh, and before anyone says "thought you'd left"...I only popped in to see my thread. Noticed nobody had posted this. So shush...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.