GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chaos Theory"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Sun 10/04/05 at 21:01
Regular
Got this on Thursday. Good stuff. Single-player is good, it's the best so far, though not much has changed, it's like what Max Payne 2 was to Max Payne. I never really liked Versus moe, but meh. Co-Op's really good, lots of problems though, quite hard to find a server in which you don't get disconnected after 5 minutes, but if you don't, it's amazing.

So, what do you guys think?
Sat 16/04/05 at 12:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Pandorra Tomorrow was awful, it took linear game play to the next
> level, I had to force myself to finish it.
>
> Chaos Theory is worlds apart from that garbage.

Excellent. That's what I like to hear. I'll give CT a try then. One I've got some non WoW spare time. It's more addictive than cocaine.
Sat 16/04/05 at 12:30
Regular
Pandorra Tomorrow was awful, it took linear game play to the next level, I had to force myself to finish it.

Chaos Theory is worlds apart from that garbage.
Sat 16/04/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I actually found Thief 3 to be inferior to 2. Sure the 3rd person
> perspective was nice but he actual level design seemed to be a lot
> more restrictive, probably due to it going the console route.

Yup, Exactly. The open ended GTA style freeform didn't quite work. Still, Garrett is by far and away the best character I've played. Personal choice only, and I'd love to see a movie set in the Thief universe with Karras.

I might give Chaos Theory a try, but Pandora Tomorrow, while entertaining enough, just didn't light my fire.
Sat 16/04/05 at 12:10
Regular
I actually found Thief 3 to be inferior to 2. Sure the 3rd person perspective was nice but he actual level design seemed to be a lot more restrictive, probably due to it going the console route.

I've played all the main stealth games that really matter and Chaos Theory is head and shoulders above them all. The less linear levels, the humour, the atmosphere, the production values, the AI, the knife, the varied level design. All these elements come together to make what in my opinion is the by far the best and most polished single player stealth game out there.

That's not even mentioning the simply excellent co-op and vs modes.
Fri 15/04/05 at 23:17
Regular
"8==="
Exactly.

The third-person perspective in 3 made it even better.
Fri 15/04/05 at 19:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Thief 2 Is by far the best I've played. Multiple ways to solve different quests.
Fri 15/04/05 at 19:26
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Chaos Theory > All Stealth games

That you've played.
Fri 15/04/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Catch it!"
Its great what mission you on im on the one when you have to get that shelt something guy!
Fri 15/04/05 at 14:10
Regular
Really not a fan of the Metal Gear games in the slightest, I had Substance on Xbox but tired of it after a few hours and sold it.
Fri 15/04/05 at 13:58
Regular
If Chaos Theory had the story and atmosphere of MGS then it would be the best. For me though, MGS and Chaos Theory are about equal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.