GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My XboX is buggering up ? nooooooooo!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/04/05 at 00:05
Regular
""To the pub...""
My Crystal xbox i brought just before christmas with halo 2 and call of duty to replace my old xbox which died well now this one is not playing the 2 new games i brought.

it won't load up Mercenaries or Starwars Knights of the old republic 2 keeps saying "cannot recongnise disk etc" but my mates older xbox plays them perfectly but my crystal xbox still plays me other games and even played timesplitters 3 which i have now traded in.

hmm any suggestions of what to do ?.
Thu 14/04/05 at 21:49
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
You still got the guarantee dont you?
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Mine did the same thing and had to replace it. If all else fails claim back on your warranty, I wish I had though it packed up nine days after it expired!

Good luck
Mon 11/04/05 at 14:18
Regular
""To the pub...""
well mercenaries worked fine last night for a few hours until i decided to go to bed and now its not working again lol.

But i got my old black xbox which last time i tried it was dead cause thats why i brought a crystal version and its working again and plays mercenaries and kotor 2 perfectly :P

although if it starts making funny noises and flashes orange again there no way i leaving my new games inside its all ready killed my version of battlefront :O.

but i happy for now lol.
Mon 11/04/05 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
I'd try the CD laser cleaner first.

I take it you've tried running the offending games several times?
Mon 11/04/05 at 00:13
Regular
""To the pub...""
well i don't smoke i always dust me xbox over now and again and its not exactly humid.

Do u think a cd laser cleaner would work or am i gonna have to get someone to open it up clean it all out and put it back together again.
Mon 11/04/05 at 00:07
Regular
"8==="
If you play in a smoke-filled/overly dusty/humid environment that might be giving your xbox problems.
Mon 11/04/05 at 00:05
Regular
""To the pub...""
My Crystal xbox i brought just before christmas with halo 2 and call of duty to replace my old xbox which died well now this one is not playing the 2 new games i brought.

it won't load up Mercenaries or Starwars Knights of the old republic 2 keeps saying "cannot recongnise disk etc" but my mates older xbox plays them perfectly but my crystal xbox still plays me other games and even played timesplitters 3 which i have now traded in.

hmm any suggestions of what to do ?.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.