GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"prequels"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/04/01 at 06:14
Regular
AS like the sequels these games usually have some more extra cool features. But and this goes for films too do they tell too much about the original, which you love but then the prequel comes a long and you know a liitle bit much for the one you already have.

Star wars episode one... was that a good idea or a way of making more money with a funny prequel aswell. I have seen a couple of the older star warz films and they are ok but when the prequel came out i didnt really wanna know.

Tomb raider chronicles was not really a prequel but still fun to play as lara when she was younger with 10 more levls or so, but there was not all that much point in it. So lara has been crushed in tr 4 and they are reminiscing the fact that she is dead, fair enough adn i know it was a little cheaper than your average psx game but not exactly hours of gameplay was it!

I am really looking forward too after dark on the cube but will it have before dark on it too. WE know joanna is a top agent at carrington institute but we dont really know her full past and would be realllly cool to see her when she was younger!! But it would have to be better than your average prequel mind as joanna is quite a popular lady and people would be very disappointed if her game was lousy.

So are prequels a good thing well i like some but im not sure if works in the gaming world and seems more like a cry foor help from as bust company to me. but when they are done well they turn out better than your average sequel too and i know not all that manywhich way they possibly requels have been made but there are bound too be loads more when game companies run out of ideas for sequels or just feel like making a prequel.

TIme_WARP

Thu 05/04/01 at 18:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I thought TRC was good, but then I've always liked the TR series of games, it's the gameplay I enjoy.
Thu 05/04/01 at 18:53
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
The only prequel I have played is Tomb Raider Chronicles and it was pants.
Thu 05/04/01 at 18:50
Regular
Dan, the first 3 episodes of Star Wars weren't made because Lucas didn't have the technology, or the money for it to create them!

How would they've been able to make Ja Ja Binx at the time of the original movie?

In the gaming world, Nintendo were very successful with a prequel called Yoshi's Island!

It told the story of Mario's first adventure! It was a very popular SNES game which is making it's way to GBA!
Thu 05/04/01 at 15:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
There should be more prequels like:

Resident Evil: T-minus 4. Where you get to train up the S.T.A.R.S. teams individually

Final Fantasy 1-2: They should re-release the first 6 games in series on the PS2 and other next gen consoles.

FIFA 1966: You think it's all over? Not by a long shot.

Metal Gear: Snake Boot Camp: Snake had to start somewhere, why not bring out his Boot Camp years as a game?

Baby Sonic: If Disney can bring out Donald Duck et al. as toddlers, Sega can do the same with Sonic and Tails.

Just think of your favorite games, and sure enough I'm sure that the developers have thought of the idea of a prequel, because if we can they can.

Whether they'll actually go ahead and release them is another matter, unfortunately.
Thu 05/04/01 at 09:31
Regular
Let me tell you about episode 1...

It was originally the first episode when mr Lucas first thought it up. BUT...

Nobody thought that it would be any good. And nobody was willing to finance it...

But somebody liked the more exciting episode 4, a new hope. So Lucas made that one instead!

As for a Perfect Dark prequel, play through the Gameboy game...

Thu 05/04/01 at 06:14
AS like the sequels these games usually have some more extra cool features. But and this goes for films too do they tell too much about the original, which you love but then the prequel comes a long and you know a liitle bit much for the one you already have.

Star wars episode one... was that a good idea or a way of making more money with a funny prequel aswell. I have seen a couple of the older star warz films and they are ok but when the prequel came out i didnt really wanna know.

Tomb raider chronicles was not really a prequel but still fun to play as lara when she was younger with 10 more levls or so, but there was not all that much point in it. So lara has been crushed in tr 4 and they are reminiscing the fact that she is dead, fair enough adn i know it was a little cheaper than your average psx game but not exactly hours of gameplay was it!

I am really looking forward too after dark on the cube but will it have before dark on it too. WE know joanna is a top agent at carrington institute but we dont really know her full past and would be realllly cool to see her when she was younger!! But it would have to be better than your average prequel mind as joanna is quite a popular lady and people would be very disappointed if her game was lousy.

So are prequels a good thing well i like some but im not sure if works in the gaming world and seems more like a cry foor help from as bust company to me. but when they are done well they turn out better than your average sequel too and i know not all that manywhich way they possibly requels have been made but there are bound too be loads more when game companies run out of ideas for sequels or just feel like making a prequel.

TIme_WARP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.