GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half life 2.. apparently"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life 2'.
Mon 11/04/05 at 14:32
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I was flicking through the teletext game pages on channel 4 and so they reckon, next months OXM has 7 pages of Half-life 2 information on XBox.

No idea where they got it from but it's on page 376 on channel 4 teletext.
Mon 11/04/05 at 19:00
Regular
"8==="
I expect Perfect Dark to do this too (been saying this for about a year and a half). It'll be like what they did with the expansion pak on the '64 except with consoles instead.
Mon 11/04/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Think though, a lot of people won't be buying Xbox 2 until the price comes down a year after launch. Look at the figures for any console and you'll see the pattern. That's why the best games come out nearer the end of the console's lifespan. The capabilities are there from the start. Makes sense to me to release Half Life 2 on Xbox and Xbox 2 - plenty of people will buy one or the other.
Mon 11/04/05 at 18:33
Regular
"8==="
Doubt it.
Mon 11/04/05 at 18:30
Regular
"hit the road jack"
So if it is coming to Xbox, do you think we will have to play the single player on Live like the PC version which has to be played online?
Mon 11/04/05 at 16:14
Regular
"8==="
Yep Valve were left off the Developers list that Microsoft announced for Xbox 2.
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:44
Regular
"Touched!"
Ashman wrote:
> With Xbox 2 on the horizon maybe they should just release it on that.

I think they are doing an Xbox version and then an Xbox 2 version. Ala The Godfather game by EA.
Mon 11/04/05 at 15:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
With Xbox 2 on the horizon maybe they should just release it on that.
Mon 11/04/05 at 14:40
Regular
Yeah Half life 2 announcement was on IGN.

I don't even want to imagine how much of beating the graphics and physics are gonna have to take to get them running on Xbox.
Mon 11/04/05 at 14:32
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I was flicking through the teletext game pages on channel 4 and so they reckon, next months OXM has 7 pages of Half-life 2 information on XBox.

No idea where they got it from but it's on page 376 on channel 4 teletext.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.