GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digital Drum kit...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/03/04 at 19:10
Regular
Given the price and it's features, i'd like this:

http://www.pacificdigital.com/products/usbdrumset.asp#

It's around 250 quid I think - a lot lower than some of the other kit's around, due to the features below.

It connects to your PC via USB alone, and comes with some nice-looking software. As it uses the PC speakers, it'll go hand-in-hand with my Audigy 2 and my 5.1 setup, which i'm already proud of. They are some of the reasons why it appeals to me.
Judging from the NBC feature footage on there, it's a nice kit, just what i'm looking for.

I have no idea why i'm telling you all this - maybe to get some alternative advice or opinions.
Sat 06/03/04 at 19:10
Regular
Given the price and it's features, i'd like this:

http://www.pacificdigital.com/products/usbdrumset.asp#

It's around 250 quid I think - a lot lower than some of the other kit's around, due to the features below.

It connects to your PC via USB alone, and comes with some nice-looking software. As it uses the PC speakers, it'll go hand-in-hand with my Audigy 2 and my 5.1 setup, which i'm already proud of. They are some of the reasons why it appeals to me.
Judging from the NBC feature footage on there, it's a nice kit, just what i'm looking for.

I have no idea why i'm telling you all this - maybe to get some alternative advice or opinions.
Sat 06/03/04 at 19:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
If you buy it... Can I have it?

:P
Sat 06/03/04 at 20:02
Regular
"\\"
My drum teacher teaches me on one similar, but it's prettier. They are the coolest invention EVER. And for only £250, i'd go for it.
Sat 06/03/04 at 22:33
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Theyre ok i guess, but as you would expect theyre nothing compared to proper drum kits. Bloody cheap though compared to real kits so i say go for it. Plus they're easier to transport/store aswell.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:50
Regular
Plus the fact that my dad does night shifts and sleeps all day kinda removes all practicality of having acoustic drums - PLUS i'm very self-conscious about other people hearing me, so i'd prefer to practice to myself until I get my head round stuff.

That set is definitely in my sights.

However, I have to think hard for this one, because i have 450+ quid left in my account, which is non-renewable until a few year's time. I rarely take this much out - in fact, I don't remember where 2 grand could go...

To add to the situation, when I told my mum i was thinking about it, she goes and tells me that my bro is gonna get an acoustic Drum Kit any day now, even though he plays guitar, and lives in the same house, so the above problems apply until he shifts his ass and moves out.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:53
Regular
I took a closer look at the specifications, and it doesn't really come with as many pads and pedals as a real kit, so I think i might pass after all...
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:57
Regular
Actually, the DX-150 version has the full house of pads - I was looking at the DX-100 I think.

Any good UK Music shops you can recommend, people?
Sun 07/03/04 at 20:26
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
[URL] www.gak.co.uk [/URL]

Good site, definitely do drums, not sure about digital kits though.
Sun 07/03/04 at 20:27
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Whoops, that didnt do what i thought it did :D The site is: www.gak.co.uk
Mon 08/03/04 at 20:25
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
urkie that really sucks if your gonna get a kit get a good one that goes into stereo speakers like mine

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.