GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yet another WoW thread - grey quests"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Tue 12/04/05 at 10:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Is it worth doing old grey quests (little or no xp) or trying to find NPC's without the yellow "!" above them (grey quests givers will not display any indication) in order to get subsequent quests that might lead on from doing ones with little or no reward?
Tue 12/04/05 at 20:53
Regular
I went with a friend to do the instance in ashenvale.

We got about 200xp a quest :(
Tue 12/04/05 at 15:49
Regular
I decided to explore the South-west area near Ironforge, I guess it's where all the dwarves/gnomes start, I never bothered checking there before. But anyway, it was worth checking for the XP.

[URL]http://img23.echo.cx/img23/4194/106am.jpg[/URL]

As I was there, I decided to do a quest (carry supplies through the scary cave) to gain some more XP.

[URL]http://img198.echo.cx/img198/4656/111wh.jpg[/URL]
Tue 12/04/05 at 12:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I still do grey quests if the reward is worth it/i can be bothered.
Tue 12/04/05 at 12:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You'll still get XP from completing the quest, but you'll get non from killing whatever creatures you fight along the way. They'll not pose much of a threat, and you can still loot them, but I don't really think it's worth it.
Tue 12/04/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
[edit] Can't be bothered pleasing trolls.
Tue 12/04/05 at 12:24
Regular
Do you know what grey sounds like? GHEY
Tue 12/04/05 at 12:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I found Darkshore at about lvl 23 or so, and half the quests there led to at best a green or a yellow final Q :(

Some lead to bigger ones though.

Like the one Bullet mentioned, or the Missing Diplomat Q from Stormwind. I did the first 3/4 stages easily, and am now on an orange bit, which is too tough for my priest to solo.
Tue 12/04/05 at 11:00
Regular
It is sometimes worth it to get some out of the way as they can lead up to higher level quests which are worth something to you.

For example, there's one in Loch Modan (A Dark Threat Looms) that extends and requires higher levels to complete. I'm still on the final stage of that quest - need to get a Mo'Grosh crystal from an Ogre. Can't be bothered with it yet though, which is why I'm back in Westfall for now.
Tue 12/04/05 at 10:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I think grey means way below your skill and not worth it, same with opponents who's level appears as grey.
Tue 12/04/05 at 10:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Is it worth doing old grey quests (little or no xp) or trying to find NPC's without the yellow "!" above them (grey quests givers will not display any indication) in order to get subsequent quests that might lead on from doing ones with little or no reward?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.