GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starsky And Hutch Question..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/03/04 at 23:34
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
WHY did they take a film that would obviously pull in a LOT of cash especially from the older audiences who want to see it for the nostalgia value and fill the two lead roles with the WORST actors in all of Hollywood? Especially Ben Stiller, I hate him soooooo much. He's almost as bad as Sean WIlliam Scott who can't actually do anything but very bad teen movies. His characters never even have the slightest bit of depth, ever. Anyway yeh, they hired two bad actors to play the lead roles in a great film why?
Tue 09/03/04 at 07:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> Well glad someone agrees Ben Stiller is a to$$er anyway. And I see
> your point it is meant to be tongue and cheek.
>
> As for Old Man Funk, I saw Mystic River and it wasn't that great.
> They killed off Dave at the end despite the fact he was in fact the
> good guy who everyone had gotten lots of sympathy for and so on. Well
> I had a lot of sympathy for him and the film died for me when he
> died.

THANK YOU for ruining I movie I haven't got around to seeing yet. Before giving away MAJOR plot developements,. could you write SPOILER or suchlike beforehand....................Jesus Christ................
Sun 07/03/04 at 01:04
Regular
"None Stored"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Think about it: Two badly dressed guys driving around in a massive
> Ford Gran Torino who are informed by an even worse dressed
> pimp. It was never serious, and never will be.

Yeah, but what more could you want?
Sat 06/03/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Think about it: Two badly dressed guys driving around in a massive Ford Gran Torino who are informed by an even worse dressed pimp. It was never serious, and never will be.
Sat 06/03/04 at 11:29
Regular
"None Stored"
It was just an example of a film that gives characters depth, films like Starskt and Hutch or Charlies Angles are meant to be enjoyed don't aim for depth so don't try to find it while watching them.
Sat 06/03/04 at 11:23
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Well glad someone agrees Ben Stiller is a to$$er anyway. And I see your point it is meant to be tongue and cheek.

As for Old Man Funk, I saw Mystic River and it wasn't that great. They killed off Dave at the end despite the fact he was in fact the good guy who everyone had gotten lots of sympathy for and so on. Well I had a lot of sympathy for him and the film died for me when he died.
Sat 06/03/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> Anyway yeh, they hired two bad actors
> to play the lead roles in a great film why?

It's meant to be a tounge in cheek, "Charlies Angels" style update. I hate Stiller, so I have to agree with you there, but Owen Wilson I don't mind so much.

Oh, the original series sucked too, me being old enough to remember watching it. Sometimes something nostalgic can be looked at through rose tinted glasses. It sucked, plain and simple.
Sat 06/03/04 at 10:48
Regular
"None Stored"
They don't intend for his characters to have depth, thats the kind of films they are. Go see Mystic River if you want depth. Its ok to enjoy films without having to analyse them you know.
Fri 05/03/04 at 23:34
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
WHY did they take a film that would obviously pull in a LOT of cash especially from the older audiences who want to see it for the nostalgia value and fill the two lead roles with the WORST actors in all of Hollywood? Especially Ben Stiller, I hate him soooooo much. He's almost as bad as Sean WIlliam Scott who can't actually do anything but very bad teen movies. His characters never even have the slightest bit of depth, ever. Anyway yeh, they hired two bad actors to play the lead roles in a great film why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.