GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who is your idol?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/03/04 at 22:41
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I was thinking tonight about body image and how I am unhappy about my own when I got thinking to myself, although I've said in the past I don't believe in idolising people who are really no greater than you or me I reconsidered it and decided that I was talking utter bull. Everyone has someone they look up to or someone that they wish they had certain qualities of at least and that's what ellevates them to a status higher than your own. We put them on a pedestal and admire them for what they are, some people go too far with this and it becomes an obssession but I realised tonight that I have a variety of idols all of whom I have been ignoring for many years. Here are mine, but who are yours?

David Boreanaz: He is good looking, fit, rich, famous and although it's strange I also realised I idolise his character in the T.V. series ANGEL. Often fictional characters are better than real people and as idols are people who you admire for being better than you it's not too peculiar to idolise the someone for the character they portray. The same basic virtues conveyed are the same and I admire them.

Stephen Fry: Insanely intelligent, witty, funny and not self obssessed. He has achieved fame and richness through another means and I respect him for that. He had the determination and the potential to make himself great and I wish I had those same qualities too.

and finally

The White Stripes: If I ever formed a band I would want it to be a slightly larger version than them. The fact remains though that I admire many people who can play an instrument for a variety of reasons. For one I found trying to play an instrument in school about 3 years ago immensly difficult so I admire the ability itself. Not only that I admire their ability for conveing so many feelings and messages through that medium to millions and millions of people. It really is a noble thing to do when you think about it and it is a quality I really wish I possessed.
Thu 11/03/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Bill Hicks - He actually thought about things rather than giving a knee-jerk, parrotted reaction. I disagree with quite a lot of his opinions, but you've gotta admire someone who's come to those opinions using his own thought processes, rather than reading a Clancy website and repeating it verbatim.

Stuey from Family Guy - Though only cos a lot of my friends seem to think I remind them of him.

Chris Morris - Cos he likes messing with people's heads.

Tiberius - A warning of the dangers of power.
Wed 10/03/04 at 16:03
"Mimmargh!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Jesus is my idol

I thought you were not meant to have idols.
Wed 10/03/04 at 13:50
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Are you, like, an internet missionary? Is the church modernising it's practices so it can stay economically viable (and keep the pope supplied with gold toilet rolls?)

Or do you just do this cos you've got nothing better to do?
Wed 10/03/04 at 09:13
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Colourless wrote:
> I think I must be ill. I'm sure I just saw Forest Fan out of the
> "Being a Christian" thread....
>
> Or am I just slow and rubbish.....
>
> Most probably the latter.

No, here I am talking about JESUS outside, 'Being a Christian'.
Tue 09/03/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Colourless"
I think I must be ill. I'm sure I just saw Forest Fan out of the "Being a Christian" thread....

Or am I just slow and rubbish.....

Most probably the latter.
Tue 09/03/04 at 17:11
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> Jesus is my idol and mentor and ultimately my judge.
>
> Don't you need a lawyer to go with the judge package? or are they too
> sinful?

No, lawyer
Tue 09/03/04 at 17:10
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
I'd have to go with Buffy, not trying to be your girlfriend or anything, but she does get the best men, and fights better than any girl I know.

Oh, and English_Bloke just for being himself...
Tue 09/03/04 at 16:57
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Darwock wrote:
> So he's like a holy Simon Cowell.

Yeah, he's decided already that we're all sinners no matter what we do, so yeah, just like Simon Cowell.
Tue 09/03/04 at 16:29
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
bam margera and my dad
Tue 09/03/04 at 16:23
"The Will of D."
Forest Fan wrote:
> Jesus is my idol and mentor and ultimately my judge.

Don't you need a lawyer to go with the judge package? or are they too sinful?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.