GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stargate SG-1: The Game"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/03/04 at 16:21
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Does anyone know if a Stargate game already exists or if one is in the pipeline? The film was a major success and the T.V. series is on series 7 so they are definitely doing something right. I REALLY hope a games company decides to make it into a game. They could do it like Final Fantasy 7 or Skies Of Arcadia. It really would be great.

For example this is what you could use to get around:
Military Trucks, The Promethius, Asgard Battleships, G'hould (sp?) Motherships, G'hould short range bombers, G'hould death gliders and of course The Stargate itself.

And what about the weapons:
Automatic weapons, Pistols, Zat Guns, G'hould Staff weapons and there are obviously a variety of other Alien races that they could meet and take their weapons from.

Character skills:
Major Samantha Carter- She is the smart one of the group, she's the one who saves earth's butt god knows how many times with her amazing plans and ability to backwards engineer and interface with a variety of alien technologies

Dr Daniel Jackson- He's not actually in the military but he's a member of SG-1 because he was the one who original got the Stargate working. He knows many languages both earth and otherworld in origin and he has even ascended to a higher plain of existence when he became an Ancient. (VERY advanced aliens)

Colonel Jack O'Neil- He is the leader of SG-1, an excellent military leader but not the brightest of them all. He's very much just there to take command and get the rest of his team to do the hard work. Still he is a great military leader

Last but not least T'ealc (sp?)- He is a Jaffa warrior who stopped worshipping false gods which are actually just G'hould parasites which infest human bodies and make the host do a variety of evil things. G'houlds are the main enemy throughout the film and series. T'ealc has one of them in his stomach which he carries until it reaches maturity. He can't get rid of it because it acts in place of his imune system. That's how the G'hould enslaved his people. But no he is a monotonous strong warrior who fights for SG-1. A great ally.

Now come on doesn't that sound like it could be made into a great game? All of you that have watched the T.V. series should be able to think of how well it could be transferred to game but for all of you that haven't it really could be done VERY well. I just hope a company like Nintendo realises that soon.
Thu 04/03/04 at 16:21
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Does anyone know if a Stargate game already exists or if one is in the pipeline? The film was a major success and the T.V. series is on series 7 so they are definitely doing something right. I REALLY hope a games company decides to make it into a game. They could do it like Final Fantasy 7 or Skies Of Arcadia. It really would be great.

For example this is what you could use to get around:
Military Trucks, The Promethius, Asgard Battleships, G'hould (sp?) Motherships, G'hould short range bombers, G'hould death gliders and of course The Stargate itself.

And what about the weapons:
Automatic weapons, Pistols, Zat Guns, G'hould Staff weapons and there are obviously a variety of other Alien races that they could meet and take their weapons from.

Character skills:
Major Samantha Carter- She is the smart one of the group, she's the one who saves earth's butt god knows how many times with her amazing plans and ability to backwards engineer and interface with a variety of alien technologies

Dr Daniel Jackson- He's not actually in the military but he's a member of SG-1 because he was the one who original got the Stargate working. He knows many languages both earth and otherworld in origin and he has even ascended to a higher plain of existence when he became an Ancient. (VERY advanced aliens)

Colonel Jack O'Neil- He is the leader of SG-1, an excellent military leader but not the brightest of them all. He's very much just there to take command and get the rest of his team to do the hard work. Still he is a great military leader

Last but not least T'ealc (sp?)- He is a Jaffa warrior who stopped worshipping false gods which are actually just G'hould parasites which infest human bodies and make the host do a variety of evil things. G'houlds are the main enemy throughout the film and series. T'ealc has one of them in his stomach which he carries until it reaches maturity. He can't get rid of it because it acts in place of his imune system. That's how the G'hould enslaved his people. But no he is a monotonous strong warrior who fights for SG-1. A great ally.

Now come on doesn't that sound like it could be made into a great game? All of you that have watched the T.V. series should be able to think of how well it could be transferred to game but for all of you that haven't it really could be done VERY well. I just hope a company like Nintendo realises that soon.
Thu 04/03/04 at 16:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
It sounds like a pretty good idea, perhaps it could take the same format as CDS1/2 where each person takes control of a member of SG1.
Thu 04/03/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl? (space) action=viewthread&threadid=46927

The franchise has been bought, but it'll probably come out as a FPS. Up against Half Life 2 and Doom3, it'll fail. Still, I'll wait and see what genre they use for it.

I personally think a real time strategy would use the best use of the licence.
Thu 04/03/04 at 16:27
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
The closest I know of is a work in progress Star Gate total conversion single player mod for Half Life on PC, running demo at

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/135634.shtml

(you have to sign up for free membership first)
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:01
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I doubt it'd work as an RPG like FFVII or SOA:L, but as a 3rd or first person shooter / action-adventure sort of thing. That would be quite cool.

Someone mentioned a CDS1/2-style game. It'd work also.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I always thought a 3rd person tactical shooter, but with a difference - You got a mission for a certain planet, and then you went there, and then the game takes over.

Organically develops a scenario that fits in with the storyline, and involves shooting a lot. The levels would also not last half an hour, but several, as in they are actually epic in size and not linear - sort of a FPS in an RPG world.......

Imagine KOTOR with a third person shooter and none of the linear paths, and more interaction with environments.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:33
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I sort of envisioned it as a level based game sort of like the Buffy The Vampire Slayer game is set out. They could have little media clips for briefings and you get to choose what briefing you want to do depending on what planet you want to visit. You start off with things like peaceful missions to planets with no real hostile threats but eventually you start to encounter G'houlds that want the Naquada (the Stargate equivalent of Nuclear Material times like a million). Then eventually your choice of missions gets taken away as Earth goes to war with the G'hould and then the real action takes of...swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:36
"Majestic"
I think it would work as a adventure/RPG game.
Like KOTOR.

Find and buy new weapons, and go to different planets, achieving various goals, and maybe fining the odd secret coordinate, to travel to secret planets.

It should be made into a linear game; you should have freedom over what planets you visit.

And controlling you characters in a KOTOR way, switching between “main characters” for different skills, like Dr. Jacko to decode a language, but he would have to have necessary “high enough” skills to do this.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Errm there is a Stargate game on snes.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:58
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I keep on planning to make a stargate game, were you go on off world missions and explore huge levels to find like ancient ruins and stuff.
But im no good at graphics...so ive never got round to making it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.