GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christ almighty, this is getting annoying now..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/03/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm building a site for someone, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to "include" a data file that has an "include" in it. It'll include the first file fine, but the PHP incide the included file that's trying to call another file doesn't work and I get an "open_basedir restriction" error message. Anyone know what needs to be unrestricted for this to work? It's worked fine with all my other sites before, but doesn't seem to want to do it this time...hmmm
Fri 05/03/04 at 19:25
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
The open_basedir restriction can be changed in the php.ini file. It restricts the locations which files can be included from, ususally on shared hosting. Basically, it can mean you are only allowed to include files from your main directory (the one you get when you FTP in), or subfolders of that. There can be a restriction on any folders though, so probably worth contacting your host to find out how they have it set, or look at a phpinfo() page.

If you're trying to include a page with a full address e.g. include http://something.com/data.php then that may also be restricted too.

More details on the Zend site [URL]http://www.zend.com/manual/features.safe-mode.php[/URL]
Thu 04/03/04 at 23:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Personaly, Includes within Includes are a headache!
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Hard to explain but if you're trying to include a file from a sub-folder it will work with the first one, but then that document you've just included becomes part of the original one so you'll have to tell it (the one you've just included) to include the file from the sub-folder again as it's been taken out of that other folder.

Can't explain it. It's a sod.
Thu 04/03/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You need to include a file on the filesystem, not on the webserver.
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've tried everything except changing the CMS. What a headache - I 've got to change this whole site now!
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:48
Regular
It is probably to do with the route of the included file, try changing the included files' routes to a full addresses i.e.

include 'http://www.yourdomain.com/folder/file.php';

the borg
Thu 04/03/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm building a site for someone, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to "include" a data file that has an "include" in it. It'll include the first file fine, but the PHP incide the included file that's trying to call another file doesn't work and I get an "open_basedir restriction" error message. Anyone know what needs to be unrestricted for this to work? It's worked fine with all my other sites before, but doesn't seem to want to do it this time...hmmm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.