GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to enlarge a GIF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 21:05
Regular
Evenin',

I need to know how to make a GIF image larger. Paint doesn't do this and I don't have any big dudey programs like photoshop or PSP. Is there a - preferably free - program to do this for me? It would need to be easy to use too as I'm not all that bright lately!

Thanks
Tue 02/03/04 at 21:05
Regular
Evenin',

I need to know how to make a GIF image larger. Paint doesn't do this and I don't have any big dudey programs like photoshop or PSP. Is there a - preferably free - program to do this for me? It would need to be easy to use too as I'm not all that bright lately!

Thanks
Tue 02/03/04 at 21:19
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Evenin',
>
> I need to know how to make a GIF image larger. Paint doesn't do this
> and I don't have any big dudey programs like photoshop or PSP. Is
> there a - preferably free - program to do this for me? It would need
> to be easy to use too as I'm not all that bright lately!
>
> Thanks

Your pretty limited as GIF's are indexed so pixleate when enlarged. Photoshop is probably your best bet as you can convert the image back to working RGB which handles resizing much better.
Wed 03/03/04 at 09:23
Regular
Just found this http://www.gifworks.com/

I think it is a great tool.

the borg
Wed 03/03/04 at 09:24
Regular
For a free graphics package you could try GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) which has good reviews: www.gimp.org
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Bicycle"
Or if you're trying to use them as an image online, just use "width / height" equalling larger.
Wed 03/03/04 at 19:12
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Messy wrote:
> Or if you're trying to use them as an image online, just use
> "width / height" equalling larger.

increaing the width/height attributes will only cause the image to pixleate as it cannot resample the image quality. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.