GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Clutch - 'Blast Tyrant'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Been listening to Clutch's latest for the last day or so, and whilst I was initially surprised by the polished production, since it's not something I'd personally associate Clutch with, even with their last effort 'Pure Rock Fury', that had a "raw" feel to it. 'Blast Tyrant' is a much "cleaner" production, but don't worry because they STILL rock like a muddyfunster on this one. In fact, the production does them justice since it gives the whole album a huge sound.

The initial stand-out tracks for me being 'English Pounds', 'Profits of Doom' and the 'The Mob Goes Wild'.

Makes you wanna rock-out.

Have they recruited a new guitarist Goatie, since some of the live pics I've seen recently don't seem to resemble Tim Sult on guitar?
Tue 02/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
Mm, I might keep an eye out for this.

I've been building an album collection [got given a fantastic new cd system thing for free], I really wouldn't mind getting a few Clutch albums. Listening to cds make you apprieciate albums as a whole, and the Clutch tracks I heard [and lost] made me want to hear more.

So yup, I'll keep an eye. Not that they'd sell it anywhere near me, believe me, I've checked. I'll go um, play-shopping.
Tue 02/03/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Don't worry, I will be buying this without fail. I like to have the complete package in my hand. Besides, I've heard the album art is quite good. :)

Ah that explains it, thought they'd changed line-up at first. Phew.
Tue 02/03/04 at 13:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nope, that was Flanagan (their road manager). Tim broke his wrist moving stuff and couldn't play, so Flanagan stepped in for a couple of weeks until Tim could get back on it.

I'm getting an advance copy of the album in a few days so I'll put a review up here.
And I appreciate you wanting to hear it, but you gotta make sure you buy the album on March 30th and not just download it for free - Clutch need the £ from cd sales and they aren't the sort of band big enough to just shrug off an album leak.
/preachy mode.
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Been listening to Clutch's latest for the last day or so, and whilst I was initially surprised by the polished production, since it's not something I'd personally associate Clutch with, even with their last effort 'Pure Rock Fury', that had a "raw" feel to it. 'Blast Tyrant' is a much "cleaner" production, but don't worry because they STILL rock like a muddyfunster on this one. In fact, the production does them justice since it gives the whole album a huge sound.

The initial stand-out tracks for me being 'English Pounds', 'Profits of Doom' and the 'The Mob Goes Wild'.

Makes you wanna rock-out.

Have they recruited a new guitarist Goatie, since some of the live pics I've seen recently don't seem to resemble Tim Sult on guitar?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.