GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"your help required: gaming in comfort?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 11:24
Regular
I'm doing some research into habits of console gamers.
Do you get uncomfortable or suffer pian when playing station,xbox,etc?
How and where do you play.
Do you think being relaxed when playing would improve your gaming skills?
have you recomendations for staying comfortable and relaxed for long periods of time?

any replies or comments will be gratefully recieved
Wed 03/03/04 at 16:13
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
I sir in on my bed in front of my tv and play games all the rest of day usually it sometimes hurts your thumbs when your playing a racing game.

But dont you think that playing games for a Quite allot of hours is bad for you?
i play sonic all the time but i sometimes go on here to have a bit of rest. But i havent been playing it for a week ahhhh....
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> nomadic100 wrote:
> when playing
> station,xbox,etc?
>
> haha
> hahahah
>
> 'Playing Station'
>
> Classic.

Hehehe... How true. Though I hate that word.

"Classic."
Wed 03/03/04 at 14:47
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I tend to play my ps2 whilst lying down on my bed and listening to music, very relaxing.
Wed 03/03/04 at 11:29
"slightlyshortertagl"
nomadic100 wrote:
> when playing
> station,xbox,etc?

haha
hahahah

'Playing Station'

Classic.
Wed 03/03/04 at 03:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
I just lie on my bed.

Head like... 2 foot away from my 28" screen. My eyes hurt badly after 5 mins or so, so I generally move back.

I'm going to invent on one of those beds. The "Gaming Bed". I'll have little console wire holders so the no longer get tangled, and armrests. And leather. I think.
Wed 03/03/04 at 02:32
Regular
glad you asked.

well I lie on my bed, which isn't as comforable as I'd like, as my neck is always at an angle. as a result I get neck ache if I play for more than an hour or two. also eyestrain is common, and slight headache if I play for any longer than 2 hours or so.
Wed 03/03/04 at 01:58
Regular
thanks for your help. hey its all for a good cause

I think comfort is a overlooked subject for gamers
you hear more and more stories
and its your body you have to look after it
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Milky Milky"
oops...pressed post by mistake...

anyway...

the only time i have ever been uncomfortable is when i have been sat on the floor with nothing to lean on. My back starts to feel compressed and I tend to hunch forward. I would advise plenty of back support and regular drinks to avoid dehydration.
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I play my Xbox from the comfort of my sofa. I don't ever get uncomfortable, but I do tend to suffer from a dry mouth after a little while (this could be down to forgetting to drink!) and my eyes get a little sore.
Tue 02/03/04 at 11:32
Regular
nomadic100 wrote:
> Do you get uncomfortable or suffer pian when playing
> station,xbox,etc?

Don't really get uncomfortable, but I do get headaches if I'm playing for a long time.

> How and where do you play.

How? With my hands and eyes :P Where? Usually in my chair but sometimes I'll sprawl on the bed if I'm feeling a bit lazy :D

> Do you think being relaxed when playing would improve your gaming
> skills?

Definitely. I screw up if I am stressed or uncomfortable.

> have you recomendations for staying comfortable and relaxed for long
> periods of time?

Not really, just block out anything that may cause you distraction or annoyance.

> any replies or comments will be gratefully recieved

OK, now send my cheque to...

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.