GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Poor Little Town"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/02/04 at 16:24
Regular
"SOUP!"
The town where I live is a suburb of Leeds and is a 'grown up' market village. We were the largest village in the UK until we merged with Leeds to become a town, and it's all been downhill since then.

I've told you about my friend getting mugged and assaulted, my ex girlfriend having a kid and a few other things. There was some guys beated into unconciousness outside Morrisons on their dinner break, a rape incident in my local park and 'Fight Club', a pub next to the restaurant I used to work in where every friday and Saturday night there is a huge fight in the beer garden (as well as stabbings and stuff there too).

Anyway as if that didn't show what a sh**hole the town has become, when I was driving back home today from a mates along the side of the park there were a group of (fairly young, about 14) lads walking together down the street and a little fiesta in front of me. There's still snow on the ground here and a few of the lads hurled snowballs at the fiesta in front of me, just hitting the side windows (a bit silly but no major crime). The fiesta stopped suddenly and I thought the guy was going to get out and give them an ear-bashing, but oh no, he reversed and mounted the pavement and tried to run the lads over. They had to jump over the wall into the park to avoid becomming a pavement stain.

I am pretty upset at the state of the town now, because just a few years ago when I was still "a kid" my mum let me go down to the park to play with my mates. It's not exactly a safe place any more though.

Gah!
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:24
Regular
"SOUP!"
The town where I live is a suburb of Leeds and is a 'grown up' market village. We were the largest village in the UK until we merged with Leeds to become a town, and it's all been downhill since then.

I've told you about my friend getting mugged and assaulted, my ex girlfriend having a kid and a few other things. There was some guys beated into unconciousness outside Morrisons on their dinner break, a rape incident in my local park and 'Fight Club', a pub next to the restaurant I used to work in where every friday and Saturday night there is a huge fight in the beer garden (as well as stabbings and stuff there too).

Anyway as if that didn't show what a sh**hole the town has become, when I was driving back home today from a mates along the side of the park there were a group of (fairly young, about 14) lads walking together down the street and a little fiesta in front of me. There's still snow on the ground here and a few of the lads hurled snowballs at the fiesta in front of me, just hitting the side windows (a bit silly but no major crime). The fiesta stopped suddenly and I thought the guy was going to get out and give them an ear-bashing, but oh no, he reversed and mounted the pavement and tried to run the lads over. They had to jump over the wall into the park to avoid becomming a pavement stain.

I am pretty upset at the state of the town now, because just a few years ago when I was still "a kid" my mum let me go down to the park to play with my mates. It's not exactly a safe place any more though.

Gah!
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:25
Regular
Man we're in an amazing peaceful country.. obviously some towns are better than others.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:27
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I love Leeds.
I really do.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:28
A peaceful country seemingly full of trsust is Canada... apparently they don't lock their doors
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
woohoo go Berkshire
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
«-Shrubber«- wrote:
> woohoo go Berkshire

yet there have been a series of arson attacks and suicides in my area

and there was that guy who did a hit a run and taht person found dead in a skip
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I want to move to Canada when I'm older or something.
Either Alaska, or the French bit.
Is it Quebec that is French speaking?

Anyway, I think it's a beautiful place.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:32
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm moving to canada once I have a degree.

I'm going over there to be a writer. It's about the only place in the world that is still fairly peaceful.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
«-Shrubber«- wrote:

> yet there have been a series of arson attacks and suicides in my
> area

You can have suicides anywhere, thats a crime against ones self and doesn't really make the area "worse".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.