GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I tried out one of my sketches..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/02/04 at 15:34
Regular
"not dead"
I submitted 15 sketches to a new ITV show that's coming on in May. As I happened to be in town on Saturday, I decided to try one of them out.

It's set in a mobile phone store, so I went into the link, and spoke to the lad behind the counter:

Me: Hi, am I right in thinking that I need a tri-band phone if I want to use it in the USA?

Lad: (Consults co-worker) Yeah, that's right.

Me: And could I use it in Asia, and Europe?

Co-worker: Asia, yes, Europe... yes.

Me: What about the moon?

Co-worker: No.

Me: Anywhere in space?

Co-worker: No

Me: Okay, thanks.

------------

Not quite the reaction I was hoping for, I wanted more confusion.
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:34
Regular
"not dead"
I submitted 15 sketches to a new ITV show that's coming on in May. As I happened to be in town on Saturday, I decided to try one of them out.

It's set in a mobile phone store, so I went into the link, and spoke to the lad behind the counter:

Me: Hi, am I right in thinking that I need a tri-band phone if I want to use it in the USA?

Lad: (Consults co-worker) Yeah, that's right.

Me: And could I use it in Asia, and Europe?

Co-worker: Asia, yes, Europe... yes.

Me: What about the moon?

Co-worker: No.

Me: Anywhere in space?

Co-worker: No

Me: Okay, thanks.

------------

Not quite the reaction I was hoping for, I wanted more confusion.
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I don't think even Jim Tavare or Tim Vine would touch that one with a 10 foot funny stick.
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:41
"period drama"
I think people are a bit more intelligent than you give them credit for.
Sun 29/02/04 at 18:38
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Funny meter:

<---|--->

Sorta, in the middle there. Was it supposed to be funny?

:cLb
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:00
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
you should try something like

you: am i right in thinking i need a tri-band phone to use in USA?

worker: thats correct?

you: can i use it in my ward at the hospital

worker: i am shore you can yes

you: well can i get one with a speaker phone so i can use it when i have the straight jacket on

worker: well most phones have that nowerdays

you: can i use it when i make my voage to the planet zergeg

worker: urm no i dont think you can

you: are you questioning my space ship capabilitys

worker: no

you: well i have to go and get some flikery lighty things to make the ship look good

worker: ok then

you: do you think b&q have cristaml lights still

worker:maby

you:(with hand in air with the vulcan peace sign) zeref mincun good by earthling

then that would have worked
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:04
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Possibly funnier: a man goes into the Link with a Red Phone on his back.

He says to the bemused sales person "I think that there's something wrong with my mobile phone".

BOOM BOOM!
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:13
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
dont get it
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
"Can I use your dictaphone?"
"No - use your finger like everyone else."
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:23
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
arj wrote:
> dont get it

Me neither
Mon 01/03/04 at 21:06
Regular
"not dead"
See, it didn't work like it did in the sketch I wrote when I tried it out for real.

In my sketch the kid behind the desk gets confused and asks a supervisor - when the supervisor returns, a simple question is asked "Do I need a tri-band to make calls in the USA" - making the kid look stupid. After supervisor gives him a look like he's stupid and leaves, you ask about space again...

In total I submitted 15 sketches to this competition, and admittedly that one was a little weak.

My personal favourite is a little surreal. You ahve a bunch of peopel dancing to Charles and Eddies "Would I Lie To You" - they are all dressed like either Charles or Eddie. There is a sign that reads "Charles and Eddie Night".

Then, enter screen left, a bloke dressed like Prince Charles.

A voice from off screen says "Hey Dave, wrong Charles"

Dave replied "Like you can talk, Steve"

Camera pans across to Steve in ski gear - his best Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards costume...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.