GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Talented Two - GAD Entry"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/04 at 19:28
Regular
": ("
Once upon a time, in a land far away lived a man and his family. This man was young, 19 to be exact and was named Faret, he lived in the Village Of Man in a land called Reu and was well known for his eight fingers.

In another land far away was a boy named Yecta, he lived in a surreal land named Uba, he lived in a city where gaming was very popular and where major tournaments were held. He was well known for his agility hands and was currently the Uba Champion; he had never lost a game and had every game available at that time but when Faret met him everything changed…….

It was only one month away from the Uba Championship 2197, Faret had left the village to travel down the River Gye, he was hoping to end his journey on the coast of Uba to enter the Uba Championship, it was his first time out of the village and he had only played the Myemaster Console as he was very poor but he had heard of the Xonkil Console which was the latest console at that time. Faret’s village were counting on him to win the championship and bring home the prize money to feed them, his brother, Haryte, desperately needed his help as he had a severe disease called Glotyu, this disease would have major affects on your bones causing them to disintegrated until you only have skin and blood left.

In Uba Yecta was training for the championship, an experienced gamer would always have to train for one year before the Championship so they would be prepared for the worst to happen. Uba lived in an underground Mansion which had his dad and his seven mums living in it, his dad was a pimp, in 2197 a lot of men had more than one wife ever since the Conservative Party took over Uba it was also a tradition to bow to an outsider (Faret). Uba was a very competitive boy who would never accept a loss, if a Champion lost his Championship he would be hated all over Uba, people would even try killing you.

It was a week before the Championship; Faret had arrived the previous night and stayed in an alleyway for the night. After waking up the next morning he made his way to the Stadium Ground Costumer Office where he entered his self into the Championship. He then turned back toward the alleyway when he saw a shiny coin, it was a pound, a man then walked past and realised he had a pound, he was stunned that Faret had a historical pound so *noticing he was homeless* he gave him a Voucher to stay at the Uba Championship Hotel where Yecta was staying. All confused, Faret just accepted the offer and made his way to the hotel, he then stayed there for the week, during his stay he learnt many new thing like how to play the Xonkil Console, he also amazed many people with his eight fingers and style of play, many people then had faith in him and started to place bets, then the news was all over Uba, “Possible New Champion This Year”?, when Yecta heard this news he demanded his agents to investigate before the Championship, the agents came back stunned at how good Faret was, at that time Yecta became very worried and suspicious.

It was the night of the championship and the stadium was lit up and sold out, Faret made it to the final after stunning the whole of Uba, Yecta had seen Farets talent by now and started to really worry, he still had one hour until the Finale so he began to train as hard as he could. Meanwhile, Faret was staring out of his hotel window looking at the great stadium and all of his fans. Faret was not worried, he couldn’t afford to be worried as he had lives to save, he realised that if he won there would be a posibilaty of Yecta dying meaning he would have caused someone to die for someone else to live, at this time Faret didn’t have time to think of the consequences so he flexed his hands and ran out to the stadium.

At last, the two most talented gamers came face to face. Yecta looked unconfident; he was red all over and sweating like a pig. Faret was worried for Yecta as he didn’t want anyone to suffer because of him but he was still going to try his best. The first game played was Genba, a Beat-em-up game; Yecta was very good at these types of games as he had the fast fingers for it. Unfortunately for Faret he lost the first game round but not by many points, the next game was announced……”Hyuite!”said the referee, the crowd went wild, this was the best racing game of all time, Faret started to smile, he knew he would win this because of his smooth handling and he did, the score was now 1-1, it would now go onto the Final Round.

Before the final round the two opponents could rest for one hour, instead Faret went to Yectas room as he needed to ask him something important. Faret asked Yecta that if Yecta was to leave would he like to come to The Villiage of Man so he can live a safe life away from the people of Uba that would want to kill him , Yecta was honoured and accepted his offer but he he reminded Faret that he could still win, its not over yet……..

The two opponents met up in the middle of the stadium, they both shook hands as the referee announced the Final Game……..”Virtual Gengwe!” This game was a virtual add-on to the console which involved accuracy, speed and skill. It was a virtual Football game which had not yet been released in the shops of Uba!
The game started, at this time both opponents were sweating, Faret’s face was red as he knew his Village were all watching him, he started to sweat more then he started to lose his eyesight, he was winning by miles at that time but then he had to remove his virtual glasses to rub his eyes, he could see now but was now losing, Yecta’s fingers looked like a blur as they were going so fast, but then it was over the system was calculating who the winner was……………”Faret Wins”!

The Faret Fans were going mad, they had all counted on him to win the championship and he did, the Yecta fans were already booing and throwing burnt computer chips at him.
The referee then walked up to Faret awarding him the prize money, Faret was so happy, but before they awarded him the Medal he and Yecta were granted a ten minute rest, but as soon as they got out of stadium they ran to the nearest spacecraft and stole it, they then flew off to the Village of Man where they were bombarded with the a crowd of about one thousand. After a night of celebration Yecta and Faret went off to the Villiage of Yerda to buy the chip which would hopefully cure Farets brother, they also brought lots of food to feed the whole village. As I speak the talented two are enjoying the wonderful life of two rich Villagers.

The End

I hope you liked it SR!
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:28
Regular
Once upon a time, in a land far away lived a man and his family. This man was young, 19 to be exact and was named Faret, he lived in the Village Of Man in a land called Reu and was well known for his eight fingers.

In another land far away was a boy named Yecta, he lived in a surreal land named Uba, he lived in a city where gaming was very popular and where major tournaments were held. He was well known for his agility hands and was currently the Uba Champion; he had never lost a game and had every game available at that time but when Faret met him everything changed…….

It was only one month away from the Uba Championship 2197, Faret had left the village to travel down the River Gye, he was hoping to end his journey on the coast of Uba to enter the Uba Championship, it was his first time out of the village and he had only played the Myemaster Console as he was very poor but he had heard of the Xonkil Console which was the latest console at that time. Faret’s village were counting on him to win the championship and bring home the prize money to feed them, his brother, Haryte, desperately needed his help as he had a severe disease called Glotyu, this disease would have major affects on your bones causing them to disintegrated until you only have skin and blood left.

In Uba Yecta was training for the championship, an experienced gamer would always have to train for one year before the Championship so they would be prepared for the worst to happen. Uba lived in an underground Mansion which had his dad and his seven mums living in it, his dad was a pimp, in 2197 a lot of men had more than one wife ever since the Conservative Party took over Uba it was also a tradition to bow to an outsider (Faret). Uba was a very competitive boy who would never accept a loss, if a Champion lost his Championship he would be hated all over Uba, people would even try killing you.

It was a week before the Championship; Faret had arrived the previous night and stayed in an alleyway for the night. After waking up the next morning he made his way to the Stadium Ground Costumer Office where he entered his self into the Championship. He then turned back toward the alleyway when he saw a shiny coin, it was a pound, a man then walked past and realised he had a pound, he was stunned that Faret had a historical pound so *noticing he was homeless* he gave him a Voucher to stay at the Uba Championship Hotel where Yecta was staying. All confused, Faret just accepted the offer and made his way to the hotel, he then stayed there for the week, during his stay he learnt many new thing like how to play the Xonkil Console, he also amazed many people with his eight fingers and style of play, many people then had faith in him and started to place bets, then the news was all over Uba, “Possible New Champion This Year”?, when Yecta heard this news he demanded his agents to investigate before the Championship, the agents came back stunned at how good Faret was, at that time Yecta became very worried and suspicious.

It was the night of the championship and the stadium was lit up and sold out, Faret made it to the final after stunning the whole of Uba, Yecta had seen Farets talent by now and started to really worry, he still had one hour until the Finale so he began to train as hard as he could. Meanwhile, Faret was staring out of his hotel window looking at the great stadium and all of his fans. Faret was not worried, he couldn’t afford to be worried as he had lives to save, he realised that if he won there would be a posibilaty of Yecta dying meaning he would have caused someone to die for someone else to live, at this time Faret didn’t have time to think of the consequences so he flexed his hands and ran out to the stadium.

At last, the two most talented gamers came face to face. Yecta looked unconfident; he was red all over and sweating like a pig. Faret was worried for Yecta as he didn’t want anyone to suffer because of him but he was still going to try his best. The first game played was Genba, a Beat-em-up game; Yecta was very good at these types of games as he had the fast fingers for it. Unfortunately for Faret he lost the first game round but not by many points, the next game was announced……”Hyuite!”said the referee, the crowd went wild, this was the best racing game of all time, Faret started to smile, he knew he would win this because of his smooth handling and he did, the score was now 1-1, it would now go onto the Final Round.

Before the final round the two opponents could rest for one hour, instead Faret went to Yectas room as he needed to ask him something important. Faret asked Yecta that if Yecta was to leave would he like to come to The Villiage of Man so he can live a safe life away from the people of Uba that would want to kill him , Yecta was honoured and accepted his offer but he he reminded Faret that he could still win, its not over yet……..

The two opponents met up in the middle of the stadium, they both shook hands as the referee announced the Final Game……..”Virtual Gengwe!” This game was a virtual add-on to the console which involved accuracy, speed and skill. It was a virtual Football game which had not yet been released in the shops of Uba!
The game started, at this time both opponents were sweating, Faret’s face was red as he knew his Village were all watching him, he started to sweat more then he started to lose his eyesight, he was winning by miles at that time but then he had to remove his virtual glasses to rub his eyes, he could see now but was now losing, Yecta’s fingers looked like a blur as they were going so fast, but then it was over the system was calculating who the winner was……………”Faret Wins”!

The Faret Fans were going mad, they had all counted on him to win the championship and he did, the Yecta fans were already booing and throwing burnt computer chips at him.
The referee then walked up to Faret awarding him the prize money, Faret was so happy, but before they awarded him the Medal he and Yecta were granted a ten minute rest, but as soon as they got out of stadium they ran to the nearest spacecraft and stole it, they then flew off to the Village of Man where they were bombarded with the a crowd of about one thousand. After a night of celebration Yecta and Faret went off to the Villiage of Yerda to buy the chip which would hopefully cure Farets brother, they also brought lots of food to feed the whole village. As I speak the talented two are enjoying the wonderful life of two rich Villagers.

The End

I hope you liked it SR!
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:30
Regular
"\\"
Ha. It's obvious you wern't here with all 3 GADs going on.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:34
Regular
What, i didn't really get what you said Aoe.
Do you think its alright?
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:37
Regular
"\\"
Cwazy Wabbit™ wrote:
> What, i didn't really get what you said Aoe.
> Do you think its alright?

"GAD Entry"

That kinda gave it away.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:39
Regular
Oh dam, i knew i shouldn't have done that. I've never tried to post a story on a forum thats why i put GAD Entry down, cant i still win or have i blown it?
That took me ages, im sweating cos i was typing so fast.*cries*
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:42
"Majestic"
Not too shabby... But....

*waves big red flag*
"Sr, Sr, look at this, do you like it"
"...."
"Can i have a game??!"

Obvious that you wrote the story purely for a GAD. But its still alright.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:46
Regular
Im gonna comit suicide, i've just spent ages thinkning of a story, i type it, i used spell check, i read through it and then i blow it by putting two words in front of the name.*burns, cries, tears, sweats, bites, growns, growls*
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:55
Regular
Do you think the stories alright?
I think i tried my best, i tried to use my imagination.
I am doing this for the free game but im also doing it to see what you lot think of it, if you like it then i'll do otherones similar to it.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:57
Regular
If no one liked it but you won GAD you wouldn't care.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Well it was good and to be honest out of the 3 storys today the best well done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.