GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alan Smithee....?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Sun 17/04/05 at 15:15
Regular
"..."
According to this: [URL]http://img20.exs.cx:81/img20/1923/mgs410pp.jpg[/URL] MGS4 will be directed by Alan Smithee, so when I checked in IMDB.com, I found out that there are 36 directors who are called Alan Smithee, so who the hell is Alan Smithee ??? And what did he direct before MGS4 ? And is really someone called Alan Smithee, or is just it a nickname that was used by those directors ?
Thu 21/04/05 at 00:23
Regular
"..."
I put it, but for what ? I didn't mention any spoilers..
Tue 19/04/05 at 09:18
Regular
Put a Spoiler Alert in your post for anyone who hasn't yet completed MGS 3, moron.
Tue 19/04/05 at 03:17
Regular
"..."
*Spoiler Warning*

Maybe it's a joke and Hideo is going to direct after all ? Or maybe what happened with MGS3 would happen with MGS4.. I read in IMBD.com that Hideo wasn't going to direct MGS3, and he wanted anyone on his team to direct it, but non of them wanted to, so he had to direct it himself after all..

However,they also mentioned that in order to do that he had push aside his other projects, so maybe that's what is keeping him busy now. I don't know about you, but I think doing something new would be better than directing MGS4. I think that MGS3 was good enough to be the end of the MGS series, and I think it's time for something new.. What else could they put in MGS4 ? All the ideas have been already used up, Solid Snake is too old, playing with Raiden again would be the most stupid idea that could ever occur to anybody on the planet, and we can't play with Snake from MGS3 again, because now his name isn't Snake anymore, it's Big Boss, imagin that you are being called "Big Boss" instead of Snake, it kind'a doesn't fit.

*End of Spoiler*
Mon 18/04/05 at 16:24
"period drama"
Yes, what Snuggly said.

Although I have no idea what its doing here.
I know Hideo isn't directing it - but I don't think whoever is has made such a mess of things already, they want to disown it.
Sun 17/04/05 at 21:34
Regular
"..."
What the hell are you talking about ?
Sun 17/04/05 at 19:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It won't be a patch on the monent when Ocelot slept with Sniper Wolf in a van and Solid Snake said something in his original voice rather than the awful remade voice.
Sun 17/04/05 at 19:03
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Alan Smithee is a pseudonym used by directors (usually movies) when they don't wish to be assosciated with that particular piece of work, whether because they've disowned it or simply that they don't want people to know who did it.
Sun 17/04/05 at 15:15
Regular
"..."
According to this: [URL]http://img20.exs.cx:81/img20/1923/mgs410pp.jpg[/URL] MGS4 will be directed by Alan Smithee, so when I checked in IMDB.com, I found out that there are 36 directors who are called Alan Smithee, so who the hell is Alan Smithee ??? And what did he direct before MGS4 ? And is really someone called Alan Smithee, or is just it a nickname that was used by those directors ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.