GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Make your own movie!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/04/01 at 18:39
Regular
If you had to write, direct and star in your own movie what would it be?

I would have to make a horror based on the book 'The Forbidden Game'. It would be about these Shadow Men that come up from the Shadow World and tries to kill us all because they're famished. The unforgettable phrases would have to be 'The Shadow Men are hungry' and 'I am my only master'.
Great film, just wish I had the money to do that!

What would yours be like?
Sun 08/04/01 at 15:02
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I would make a film based on one of the Phillip Pulman Series: Northen Lights,
The Subtle knife,
The Amber Spyglass.
Because they have a great storyline. ANd it would have lots of action scenes and it would be easy to follow. But I think it would have to be made as a box set or you would forget or get a bit lost if it wasn't.
Tue 03/04/01 at 19:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I would truly love to bring to film the book 'Magician' by Raymond E. Feist. It's the first in the trilogy of the Riftwar Saga, and it made compelling reading.

The only problem is, it would have to be big budget. It's based in a fantasy world where you have goblins, orcs, demons, magicians, huge armies on all sides, many different towns and cities in the Kingdom, and the setting is equivalent to around 14th Century England in terms of technology.

The story follows the life of one boy who is recruited as an apprentice to a Magician, and discovers that he has incredible hidden powers, whilst his best friend also gains powers through finding an ancient artifact. Together as they grow they start to shape the destiny of the world around them, and the first book alone spans around 20 years.

So it would be an epic film, on the scale of Gladiator or Braveheart for the battle sequences, and in the style perhaps of Robin Hood Prince of Theives for the main characters.

I'd have to have either Ridley Scott or Paul Verhoeven directing, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be an all-American cast, although the books author is American.

None of Feist's work has ever been put to film and if they were, I'd start with this one.
Tue 03/04/01 at 18:39
If you had to write, direct and star in your own movie what would it be?

I would have to make a horror based on the book 'The Forbidden Game'. It would be about these Shadow Men that come up from the Shadow World and tries to kill us all because they're famished. The unforgettable phrases would have to be 'The Shadow Men are hungry' and 'I am my only master'.
Great film, just wish I had the money to do that!

What would yours be like?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.