GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A little help - xp - cant see 160gb drive... Sees as 130gb only..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/04/05 at 04:14
Regular
".......learning :]"
i have just bought a 160bg hard drive...

my Sony VGN-A215M laptop doesnt seem to have the 48-bitLBA enabled....

all methods on help seem way too complex for me...

i have formatted it at 130gb (which is all the computer seems to recognise) and have to use it like that for now...

is there any way i can enable the 48-bitLBA simply??

thanks

mulch
Fri 22/04/05 at 19:43
Regular
"lets go back"
Yeah, drives are always smaller than they should be. My 40GB is only 38.1 and my 120GB is 114. I remember the days when 8GB os missing storage would criply my PC. Oh, to be back in 1994 eh.
Fri 22/04/05 at 19:18
"Was the man of marz"
Probably way too simple to be right, but isn't a drive always less until you drive space it. Wouldn't advise though, the uncompression would take a century
Tue 19/04/05 at 17:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I thought installing service pack 1 done it automatically?
Tue 19/04/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Isnt this because Windows cant 'see' 160GB of HDD space? - You'll need to split the HDD into two seperate partitions.
Tue 19/04/05 at 08:42
Regular
"8==="
I had the same trouble.

Apparently it has to do with the computer's motherboard, or so I was told. It has a limit to the amount of HD memory is can see.
Tue 19/04/05 at 04:14
Regular
".......learning :]"
i have just bought a 160bg hard drive...

my Sony VGN-A215M laptop doesnt seem to have the 48-bitLBA enabled....

all methods on help seem way too complex for me...

i have formatted it at 130gb (which is all the computer seems to recognise) and have to use it like that for now...

is there any way i can enable the 48-bitLBA simply??

thanks

mulch

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.