GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Japan... death sentence?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/02/04 at 15:35
"I love yo... lamp."
The cult leader behind the sarin attack on the Tokyo subway has been sentenced to death. I didn't even know Japan had a death sentence.

Twelve members of the cult have been sentenced to death so far, though none have been executed yet.

Took an 8 year trial to get this far. An appeal has been filed, which may take up to 10 years. And I thought we were inefficient.

Full story here:
http://www.reuters.com/ newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyI D=4453926&pageNumber=0
Fri 27/02/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Do they still behead? I know they used to.
Fri 27/02/04 at 18:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
it suprised me as well,i thought japan was extremely pacified.
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:10
There is? So that's where I need to improve then...
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Theres a difference between making the time to do it well and doing it in a very limited time well though Bell...
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I get through coursework (and with decent marks, always in at least 2.1 grading) before most people, but I wouldn't say I'm efficient, I just make time to get things done.
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:03
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Icarus wrote:
> Though this is a generic view, since a lot of home students are the same.

I wish I was :(
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:01
I'll agree to that; somehow they manage to breeze through coursework in less than half the time as most of us. Though this is a generic view, since a lot of home students are the same.
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I was speaking from my perceptions of the japanese exchange students I had in my school more than anything else. I've never seen people so damn organised. They got the mountains of homework we got each week done well and in half the time the rest of us seemed to, and our sudents that went to Japan said it was like that in the schools there, everything ran like clockwork in them, so much so it was scary sometimes!
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:54
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I think the efficiency thing is cultural stereotyping and not actual fact.

The efficiency image comes from their early use of robotics in manufacturing etc - more efficient than the people that the rest of the world at that time were using.
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I didn't know Japan still had death sentences either. An appeal can take 10 years? Thats insane! I thought the Japanese prided themselves on being efficient!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.