GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Take care of your friends and family!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/04/01 at 10:55
Regular
It was a shock on Saturday when I was told that my friend had tried to commit suicide, twice in the past week. It seemed like only yesterday that we were playing the original Tekken down his house while drinking a few beers or playing football up the park. But thats a while back now and its a little harder to keep in touch now that were all in different Universitys. We knew he was a little depressed, after all he had just broken up with his girlfriend. But me and the guys never expected him to try and take his own life, so that call from his mother was a shock. Particularly as we had only seen him a week and a half earlier and he seemed normal (well at least as normal as you can be when you split up with someone you love).
Last night me and a couple of his closest friends, and his family went to see him in the hopital. He seemed better than I would have thought, although a little tired due to the sedatives the nurses had given him.
The doctors have diagnosed him as Schizophrenic, I never would have expected that but then Im not a psychiatrist and so I guess I didnt know the signs. At least hes being treated now, and hopefully with the support of his family hell pull through.

Its a reminder of how special life can be, and how we should all try to be more vigilant and watch out for our friends just a little more often.

Take care of yourself, your family and your friends.
Tue 03/04/01 at 10:55
It was a shock on Saturday when I was told that my friend had tried to commit suicide, twice in the past week. It seemed like only yesterday that we were playing the original Tekken down his house while drinking a few beers or playing football up the park. But thats a while back now and its a little harder to keep in touch now that were all in different Universitys. We knew he was a little depressed, after all he had just broken up with his girlfriend. But me and the guys never expected him to try and take his own life, so that call from his mother was a shock. Particularly as we had only seen him a week and a half earlier and he seemed normal (well at least as normal as you can be when you split up with someone you love).
Last night me and a couple of his closest friends, and his family went to see him in the hopital. He seemed better than I would have thought, although a little tired due to the sedatives the nurses had given him.
The doctors have diagnosed him as Schizophrenic, I never would have expected that but then Im not a psychiatrist and so I guess I didnt know the signs. At least hes being treated now, and hopefully with the support of his family hell pull through.

Its a reminder of how special life can be, and how we should all try to be more vigilant and watch out for our friends just a little more often.

Take care of yourself, your family and your friends.
Tue 03/04/01 at 12:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And wear sunscreen.

Seriously though, something like that is always a shock, I'm just glad he didn't manage to do it.
I lost a friend like that over 2 years ago, and there isn't a day goes by that I don't think of him.
Tue 03/04/01 at 15:59
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
Definately a shock Goatboy, very unexpected, Im just glad hes still alive. Im off to visit him with a few mates now, visiting hours are half five to half seven.
He still managed to beat me at draughts when I visited yesterday, so hopefully hell make a quick recovery.
Fri 06/04/01 at 11:52
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
The New Jimmy wrote:
He still managed to beat me at draughts
> when I visited yesterday

Draughts! Now there is a quality game. I can't cheat as much as i do on monopoly though :-) My friend says to me when playing monopoly, "dan, do you want to be banker?" What a big mistakle he made. Asking ME to be a BANKER? lol.
Sun 08/04/01 at 11:44
Me too, I didnt have Mayfair or Park lane... but somehow my cash supply never ran out! ;-]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.