GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Softwall."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/02/04 at 00:15
Regular
I used to have an old P3 550 system in my lounge which was network to my main pc where all my divx's and music is stored and i ran it throuhg my tv, surround sound and stereo, well now i have got myself a DIVX player i had no need to use it and i thought as it was low spec no one else would want it, So i thought i would throw Linux Red hat on there for a while just to see what it was like, i soon got bored with that, i was about to give it away when i got pee'd off of people trying to hack through my zonealarm firewall and all the popups so i install xp pro on the old p3 550 system and plugged the cable modem into that via the RJ45 on one of the 10\100 NICS and networked the main computer through the old computer, Then i set up Internet connection sharing so i could access the net, then i installed zonealarm por on the old computer set it up to allow my main system and my lappies wireless access and all works sweet.
Now i thought that i didnt want to keep the old 17"monitor and keyboard and mouse on it and the only way to get round this would be to set up remote desktop which after some fiddling i managed to set up.
All i have now is a really small system unit attached to my cable modem and with a firewall, ICS and remote desktop running under my massive computer desk that does not ever get in the way of my feet as it is well back and that i do not have to worry about.

Basically it is a free Router with a firewall and addbloker installed on it, my next plan is to set it up to run an FTP server as well, so i can access some files from work.

Well i thought i would just let you know as i am pretty pleased with it.

Colin
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 27/02/04 at 00:15
Regular
I used to have an old P3 550 system in my lounge which was network to my main pc where all my divx's and music is stored and i ran it throuhg my tv, surround sound and stereo, well now i have got myself a DIVX player i had no need to use it and i thought as it was low spec no one else would want it, So i thought i would throw Linux Red hat on there for a while just to see what it was like, i soon got bored with that, i was about to give it away when i got pee'd off of people trying to hack through my zonealarm firewall and all the popups so i install xp pro on the old p3 550 system and plugged the cable modem into that via the RJ45 on one of the 10\100 NICS and networked the main computer through the old computer, Then i set up Internet connection sharing so i could access the net, then i installed zonealarm por on the old computer set it up to allow my main system and my lappies wireless access and all works sweet.
Now i thought that i didnt want to keep the old 17"monitor and keyboard and mouse on it and the only way to get round this would be to set up remote desktop which after some fiddling i managed to set up.
All i have now is a really small system unit attached to my cable modem and with a firewall, ICS and remote desktop running under my massive computer desk that does not ever get in the way of my feet as it is well back and that i do not have to worry about.

Basically it is a free Router with a firewall and addbloker installed on it, my next plan is to set it up to run an FTP server as well, so i can access some files from work.

Well i thought i would just let you know as i am pretty pleased with it.

Colin

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.