GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Game Central is better than Digitiser"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/02/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Only I know the way"
It may have had a shaky start nearly a year ago, on Mar 10 (see what they did!), but it has grown into being a funny, informative daily read. There may be no nudes or Fat Sow (a truly angry pig) but both Chop and Anthony Burgess certainly know what they are talking about. And there are no boring cheats to read, I mean, what is the web for. Anyway, if you have a different opinion, let everyone know.
Fri 27/02/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I really liked digitiser: It was far funnier, and made sense, unlike Game Centrl, which is about as funny as getting an arrow in the back of my neck, and then finding that there's a phone bill tied to it.

Plus, Digitiser showed cheats, many of which came in very handy. Yes, I'm a big cheat. Just look at my stats. :)
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh yes i remember the OoT debate. I think digitiser was flooded with letters about it for like 2 months (going by the letters page at the time anyway) obviously some weird people don't find tramping around for ages a flaw in a game. That's what i liked about Digitiser, it actually gave honest opinions on games while also being hilarious.
Fri 27/02/04 at 08:49
Regular
"Moody DJ"
I liked the Digitizer lot, they weren't afraid to give their own opinion about games. If something was guff, they said so. I remember the UPROAR when they said that Ocarina of time was good BUT did have alot of tramping around. Everyone was up in arms that they didn't declare the game to be utter perfection like the hype dictated it should be. No-one seemed to notice that they actually said the game was damn fine, but that was a flaw for them. When reading through mags you get in shops, you just don't seem to get the same feeling of objectivity.
Fri 27/02/04 at 05:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nothing will ever better or replace digitiser, it was teletext gold. There shall never be another close to the quality
Fri 27/02/04 at 01:47
Regular
"QPR 1974"
And if it insists on living, we swear.
Fri 27/02/04 at 01:46
Regular
jim-hat wrote:
> we set fire to our cat.

sometimes it's the only thing to do
Fri 27/02/04 at 01:46
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I can only defeat the Baby Bamboozler, and that is when all my family is helping too. When we get a question wrong, we swear, when the pages take too long to load, we set fire to our cat.
Fri 27/02/04 at 01:41
Regular
jim-hat wrote:
> Bamboozle.

that was a game on the amiga if I remember correctly.

yep.
Fri 27/02/04 at 01:40
Regular
"QPR 1974"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> some people don't have the internet, but for those who do, surely
> teletext is complete crap in comparison.

Bamboozle.
Fri 27/02/04 at 01:33
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Fat people make me laugh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.