GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Previewing Images"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/02/04 at 16:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
For some reason i cannot preview my JPEG Files, it just says PSP5 file, and wont let me preview them when the folder options are set as "View As Webpage" Nor can i find the "Jpeg File" filetype when i look for it in the folder options. Any ideas how i can get the images to preview. i have Win98 if that is any help...
Wed 25/02/04 at 16:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
For some reason i cannot preview my JPEG Files, it just says PSP5 file, and wont let me preview them when the folder options are set as "View As Webpage" Nor can i find the "Jpeg File" filetype when i look for it in the folder options. Any ideas how i can get the images to preview. i have Win98 if that is any help...
Wed 25/02/04 at 19:09
Regular
Try going into Paint Shop Pro 5 and choose File Format Associations from the file menu and untick Jpeg.

the borg
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Digging!"
In any folder go to tools on the standard buttons toolbar, and click folder options. Then click the file types tab. Go down the list to JPEG/JPG and set both to default through the advanced window. I can't think of anything else minus some Shell extensions but you dont really want to fiddle with those.
Thu 26/02/04 at 08:42
Regular
Graphics packages sometimes change/corrupt the registry settings that allow thumbnail preview in explorer. Browse the registry to see if this is your situation. Compare the jpeg registry key with the key of a file type that thumbnail view is working for, so see if this is your problem.

I've pasted a solution from microsoft below - it worked for me:
(remember editing the registry can cause problems if you get it wrong!)

Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
Locate and click the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg registry key.
Right-click the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg registry key, point to New, and then click Key. Name the new key ShellEx.
Right-click the ShellEx registry key that you created, point to New, and then click Key. Name the new key {BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}.
Click the {BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1} registry key that you created, right-click the Default value in the right pane, click Modify, and then type the following value data in the Value data box:
{7376D660-C583-11d0-A3A5-00C04FD706EC}

NB. Search on google for - thumbnail shellex and you will see lots of similar explanations.
NB2. Microsoft removed the thumbnail view for HTML files in windows XP (SP1) as they believe it was making things unstable.

Hope this helps.
Thu 26/02/04 at 13:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
GWD wrote:
> Hope this helps.

As far as i can tell, it doesnt work, but i was going to format this computer anyway, so i hope it works then...
Thu 26/02/04 at 13:04
Regular
"the burning sky"
taka-Q wrote:
> In any folder go to tools on the standard buttons toolbar, and click
> folder options. Then click the file types tab. Go down the list to
> JPEG/JPG and set both to default through the advanced window. I
> can't think of anything else minus some Shell extensions but you dont
> really want to fiddle with those.

The problem here being that the JPEG/JPG doesnt exist
Thu 26/02/04 at 13:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My old computer developed a problem where i couldnt save a file as a jpeg.
Thu 26/02/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
cookie monster wrote:
> My old computer developed a problem where i couldnt save a file as a
> jpeg.

I had the same problem quite a while ago, was this when you were trying to save a picture from the web?

If it was, you'll probably find that your temporary Internet Files (cache) was too big, when I checked mine it was something like 600mb! :O

Cleared the files, reset the size down to about 60mb and everything has been fine since :)
Thu 26/02/04 at 20:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
No idea, the computer was reformatted for a new motherboard anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.