GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Very Much Looking Forward Too......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/02/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Alien V Predator
Resident Evil: Apocolypse (I don't care...i loved the first one)
The Day After Tomorrow
Spiderman 2
Van Helsing
Blade Trinity
Sky Captain
The Punisher

And others that I have probably forgotten right now....
Wed 25/02/04 at 17:39
Regular
According to the commentary, the teaser from Resident Evil: Apocolypse was originally gonna be the teaser for Resident Evil, but wan't used for some reason.

Also, the ending to Resident Evil used to be different. Aparantly, on the two disc DVD in America, there's an alternate ending where Racoon City isn't destroyed and *I think* Alive dies...

Also, very much looking foward to Shrek 2. Should be great...
Wed 25/02/04 at 14:21
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
i liked it aswell apart from the licker. so i dare say ill go and see the 2nd one when its out.
Wed 25/02/04 at 12:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
magnius wrote:
> What little tension that was built up in the beginning of the film
> dissipated when that god awful looking CGI abomination of a licker
> jumped out of its cage.
>
> Oh the Licker was crap...that I will admit...but the rest was
> cool...and I can tell you that it is far superior than the dreaded
> Dawn Of The Dead we are being offended with this year...*shudders*

Yep, licker was a pants monster mainly because in the game it wasn't really a boss creature and could be dealt with relatively simply. Of course my main complaint was that they didn't put in that big mutant eye bloke in who I thought would have made a much scarier bad guy.

I think I'm actually looking forward to the sequel more than the first because of the setting. A post apocalyptic Racoon City teething with zombies who aren't blessed with the athletic skills of those undead in the forthcoming Dawn of the Dead Remake, and the Nemesis surely is one of the best Resi badies to ever been created, mixing them together should provide plenty more zombie action for me to enjoy.

But as much as I'm looking forward to the film, I just can't help but feel that if there is going to be one decent Zombie horror flick this year, it will be Shaun of the Dead, which is looking top notch indeed.
Wed 25/02/04 at 08:27
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Nemesis is being the blofe from the end of the first film...he's mutated...apparently Alice will be genetically enhanced to.
Wed 25/02/04 at 07:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ms NY wrote:
> Nemesis, isn't it?

Yup, and it does, and Nemesis himself looks more or less like his videogame counterpart, abet a little less stocky. Looking forward to seeing this one myself, especially after the ending of the first one.
Wed 25/02/04 at 06:58
Regular
"cachoo"
Nemesis, isn't it?
Wed 25/02/04 at 06:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i havent seen resident evil,does the second one have the tyrant or nememis creature in it,if not i wont be going to see this one.
Tue 24/02/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Milky Milky"
> What little tension that was built up in the beginning of the film
> dissipated when that god awful looking CGI abomination of a licker
> jumped out of its cage.

Oh the Licker was crap...that I will admit...but the rest was cool...and I can tell you that it is far superior than the dreaded Dawn Of The Dead we are being offended with this year...*shudders*
Tue 24/02/04 at 19:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
magnius wrote:
> I really don't know what everyones problem is with Res Evil...it is
> great!!

It's an entertaining hour or so of brainless action, nothing more. What little tension that was built up in the beginning of the film dissipated when that god awful looking CGI abomination of a licker jumped out of its cage. From there it was your typical monster movie with dull characters running around the place being picked off until the final battle with the creature. Oh and there's some zombies who do next to nothing for most of the film.

Compared to existing Zombie films there isn't much to really credit resident evil. It was fun enough to warrant me looking forward to the sequel though.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:47
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Ocean's Twelve is the only movie that I'm excited about.

+ Spider-Man 2 (for Myst) and various other movies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.